Back with a dub - on track for the ring! - [pics]

Congrats........ Now you have trouble ahead....

That grill isn't gonna cut the mustard and those lights need looking at and those door handles could be shaved and what about Frenching the boot. Then there's the roll cage, the race harness the high flow fuel pump, Steering wheel covered in alcantara and fluffy dice

Nice - good look don't forget to do the how to guide as you go... ;)

Mmmmm dont know how good il be but il have a go at the how to guide ive done eneough of them now and i really hope i can do it a litte quicker than that clare allthough i dare say if you consolidated your time into days and worked it out its probably not taken you very long to do especially for novices and i bet you are well buzzing now that its up and running and thinking about a couple of months at 2 days a week is 16-18 days and im sure you havnt been on it every single weekend so you are looking at about 14 days i reckon which isnt bad for first go at all .Carl

850 for pistons alone pete? id want a whole engine setup for that! well for less than that :S blimey

my engine is what made my last car' date=' it was bullet proof ready for some serious boost.

had the schrick big valve head, and schrick inlet manifold too, as well as 6 branch, decat, and miltek, BMC CDA etc.. I can only imagine what its going to be like in a mk2, thats not only lighter, but has shed the aircon radiators, pipes and compressor too, oh and that gearbox :) weeeeeeeeee

ive just bought a car for what 4 of my pistons are worth, crazy?!?

pete

[/quote']

yea its deffo gonna be a beast.

altho after you spent all that money on a vr6 engine...you could have probaly gota r32 engine dropped in for less...and had spare cash to mess with that?

yep, my engine and 3.6 final drive / quaiffe LSD gearbox was built before I went the ring last april.... why would I want an R32 lump, when my mk3 used to sit all over them anyway :) granted, it would be a monster in the mk2, but with my current engine, and a blower.... dont think much will be getting past it!

I'm keeping it simple and cheap, going to enjoy the car.

Pete