Stroker kit?

To do a stroker properly, you need shorter rods aswell to get the pistons back to their normal TDC position, unless of course, you want to go for a 11:1 compression ratio.... nice torque!

As mentioned already, the torque will start falling past 5200 ish....unless you go fully balls out and fit a BV head, enlarge the bore, fit forged pistons etc etc

Turbos or Supers are better though, bang for buck.

Ive abandoned the idea of a stroker kit, too much ££ for not much gain. Found an engine for £350. Not sure yet if its OBD1 or 2, or what the mileage is but im going to get more info tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if an OBD1 engine will fit OBD2 car (using the bare engine and manifolds etc from my car.

And i assume the crank wont fit from an OBD1 engine because of the different chains, right??

Found out today that the engine i found is an obd1 on 126k miles. Think im going to get it, not sure tho if im going to use the whole engine, or use it for parts for my engine. Cheers for all the help.

Any suggestions for any mods while ive got the engine out and stripped. Thinking about supercharging in the future so any mods would have to take that into consideration.

Also anything else i should replace. Planning on doing headgasket, valve stem seals, re-grind valves, replace all seals etc, chains, and possibly piston rings. Think ive got everything covered but any suggestions on anything else would be appriciated.