• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know it's been giving me a hard time lately and keeping it clean and shiney is tough going.

Anyone got any suggestions for good polishing stuff???

Ive just polished the logo on my schrick with a 3m block, 2000grit wet and dry with autosol on it, came up nearly mirrored, just got to finish it with the 3-step stuff i use on my wheels

get it polished and then give a go over with autoglym EGP to seal and even wax, they wont last as long as normal due to the heat, but stop it oxidising as fast

do the samco's come with that connector join on the top read hose? only asking as i'm due to order myself a set! oh yeh and the cars looking good!

Greg

Thanks' date=' We had to make the samco's fit Jerry as I ordered a set for golf but I'm running a Corrado VR6 Rad and the samco hoses are different for the raddo's and golf's. So bascically the samco's have been cut and joined with connecters!

I think you can get samco to custom make them and thats fine if you have the money to do that :)

Ive just polished the logo on my schrick with a 3m block, 2000grit wet and dry with autosol on it, came up nearly mirrored, just got to finish it with the 3-step stuff i use on my wheels

get it polished and then give a go over with autoglym EGP to seal and even wax, they wont last as long as normal due to the heat, but stop it oxidising as fast

Thanks for the tips there :)

how did you get on with the 1/4 mile at inters claire? jerry perform ok?

Umm Jerry got on well its the driver who didn't. I couldn't launch him for toffee!

I may as well stick this link up as Dave has embarissingly spammed it on some other forums........

Here's me doing a red arrows impression off the line!!!! I now need two front tyres!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/G60dave/th_Dragging.jpg

Only ran a dissapointing 16.5 in the end. If I can work out how to launch that car and get tracktion It'll be good for a easy 15 second run! (6)

that link is just a pic claire need a video really?

christ i video'd you doing 15.5 with the gti engine in it?

No you didnt I was running in the 15's in my Mk4 TDI ;) Fastest time in the GTI 8v was 16.98 which Dave ran in it

Jerrys good for a 15 second run easily. I just need more practice launching it and getting traction. i probably would have got there on the sunday but I ran out of money and couldnt buy any more passes

that link is just a pic claire need a video really?

christ i video'd you doing 15.5 with the gti engine in it?

No you didnt I was running in the 15's in my Mk4 TDI ;) Fastest time in the GTI 8v was 16.98 which Dave ran in it

Jerrys good for a 15 second run easily. I just need more practice launching it and getting traction. i probably would have got there on the sunday but I ran out of money and couldnt buy any more passes

i stand corrected! thats a fair bit of dirrence lol...just remeber your mk4 takin off the line the same....

Damn...! i wish i had that kinda knowhow to do that!

i've got an old mk2 golf driver that i wanted to tinker with... i can only dream of sticking a VR6 into it! :(

Go for it plenty of advise on www.mk2vr6.com We did our whole conversion by that site!!!! Up until finding all the info out on there we would not of known where to have started!!!! :-p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...