[poll] 'Needless risks' in police chases

Well for my 2p worth.....

More high profile officers - catch 'em before they start

More Helicopters - that way Police can be co-ordinated rather than having to chase.

Better Technology - Radios that connect directly rather than different frequencies being relayed from the HQ. A Persuit channel if you like

Rocket launcers for the helicopter so the TWOCers think twice.

I like the fact that we still have the force without firearms

It annoys me that it is the police fault that they had to chase an idiot and someone ends up dead. It is not the police fault the idiot took the car...... We have the technology to shut the car down remotely via the alarms or track via satalite so make it standard as we move forwards. Only to be activated when stolen as I don't like Big Brother watching me.....

Not too many contradictions there.... :)

maybe people, kids, whatever, would spend less time frigging around if there was a real detterant. i propose a system whereby we have a network of correctional facilities. lets call them 'prisons' for arguments sake. any felon would know, before the crime that should they get caught, they will be taken, forthwith, to a place where they will recieve punishment in the form of being locked away without anything that could constitute fun or enjoyment, for a period of time etc etc etc etc etc etc

oh sorry, we tried that. turns out its still ok to smoke in prison but not the pub....................................

Rob

The way i see it if the thieving little sh##'s steel a car and then run some one over or hit someone else they are going to do it whether they are being chased or not,cos they get there thrills threw driving like idiots regardless.

An exocet might be a bit excessive tho!!!!

As long as the boys in blue leave us alone they can go ahead and get the little scum bags!

this isnt funny anymore ffs

atm imho the job the police are told to do is equivelent to gettin in a ring with the local psycho then being told you cant hit him and have to hold your fuckin arm behind your back if this bullshit load of fairys in charge stop coppers doin anythin remotely dangerous itl be the saem as telling them to put both hands in the air and bend over!!!!

i dont want a goddamn police service i want a fuckin police FORCE!!! what hope have normal ppl got when theyv got no backup what soever from the powers that be where will this shit end the longer this goes on the more likely it becomes that some nutter will gain power

thats my tupence worth will the last person to live this shithole turn the lights off!

I think i can hit the nail on the head with this one...read this :) clearly so true

Being a Police officer in the UK

Question:

How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?

Answer:

Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock 9mm, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

UK POLICE OFFICERS Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? is he a percieved ethnic minority? what religon is he?

Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could we run away?

What does my wife think?

What about the kids?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

What does the law say about this situation?

Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?

Should I call 999?

Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behaviour by filling it with PCSO`s.

If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed when he falls over running away, knocks his head and kills himself?

If I shoot him, and lose the court case does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and I will lose my family home?

AUSTRALIAN OFFICERS Answer:

BANG!

AMERICAN OFFICERS Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.... (Sounds of reloading) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Dad! Were those hollow point slugs?"

Bawahahahahahahahaha awesome! UK gun law sucks' date=' if guns are outlawed then only outlaws have guns, and before the anti gun mob kicks off I bet that any massacre or armed robbery isnt commited by someone with a bloody gun licence anyway!

[/quote']

pmsl at nick

i agree with you but inxcidents like dunblain didnt help that cause