My OEM VR6 Highline....

Lol oh yea... "DoooH"

Hmm..would it look better if i had standard lights to put back in the car?

I'm really in two minds here, not sure if i should start down the road of modifying it (RH Splitties, Coilovers, respray, change the interior etc) Or just keep it as it is an OEM car throughout.

What does everyone think?

More pics:

One of my cats seemed to like the camera. lol

pepsi.JPG

rearlight.JPG

inside3.JPG

plate.JPG

frontlights.JPG

More pics when i find a nice industrial place to take some. Weekend mission i think.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Mr.G

Im in exactly the same dilemma, i say if it aint broke dont fix it just maintain/clean it to a very high standard. .........but of course if lets say the shocks wear out then maybe coilies, if you enjoy driving it as it is then why would you want to change it ? I personally think that it will become fashionable to keep a classic car like this original as everyone seems to want to spend a silly amount on their cars just to different, then why not keep it original to be different ?......... :-p

i prefer the crystal headlights myslef, altho they dont match your un-cyrstal fogs...i think you should drop it some more deffo...and i dont think rh splitties would go a miss on any dub!!...just when you start mdding its hard to draw the line soem time. have a look at PHM's car he has got a nice example of a highline thats oem just decked on some nice bbs rs rims

Yea thats the thing. If i do start to modify then i may possibly spoil the car. It does need a respray. However mint you think it looks in the pics it does have rust which if you closely look is on the rear offside arch and some on the front wing. The worst bit is on the offside rear window, where the seal stops on the bottom point of the window.

I'm also gonna get the chains and tensioners done soon as its developed a small rattle just above idle.

I'll get it sorted first, mechanically and visually then decide on whether to mod or not.

If i were to want wheels be them BBS wheels or RH, what types of BBS wheels should i look for.

With so many offsets and 5 X 100, 5 X 112, 5 X 120....BBS RS XXX, BBS RM XXX so many numbers and types i'm bloody confused lol. Saw some for £3500 on pistonheads yesterday....:o

RH wheels would be cheaper tho right?

you need 5x100 fitment for a VR6 and an offset between et25-et38 or close to that, RH ZW1`s only come in 8x17 et60 but come with adaptors to make them et35, you can pick 2nd hand ones up for about £600, the BBS RS 7.5x17`s are rare and very expensive! plenty of other BBS styles to choose from that look nice on a VR....but Be QUICK!!! BBS have gone out of buisness so once the stocks dry up you wont get anymore!!!

Yea thats the thing. If i do start to modify then i may possibly spoil the car. It does need a respray. However mint you think it looks in the pics it does have rust which if you closely look is on the rear offside arch and some on the front wing. The worst bit is on the offside rear window' date=' where the seal stops on the bottom point of the window.

I'm also gonna get the chains and tensioners done soon as its developed a small rattle just above idle.

I'll get it sorted first, mechanically and visually then decide on whether to mod or not.

If i were to want wheels be them BBS wheels or RH, what types of BBS wheels should i look for.

With so many offsets and 5 X 100, 5 X 112, 5 X 120....BBS RS XXX, BBS RM XXX so many numbers and types i'm bloody confused lol. Saw some for £3500 on pistonheads yesterday....:o

RH wheels would be cheaper tho right?

[/quote']

you dont need to spend 3500 to get a decent set of BBS RS rims mate about a grand to 1500 max for a nice set ...or 500-700 for a shabby set that you re-furb. iv been offered a set for 500....

or you could get BBS RC's like mine single peice rim...alot cheaper around 400ish second hand...had to get mine refurbed tho