its the hall sender! need one ASAP - got one

well, it might be that the cam sprokets have been put on the wrong way round - but that won't be checked till late this evening (big shout out to tony at automotive solutions for fitting it in at the end of his day).

so, in case it is the sender...i need to source one ASAP (i.e. by tonight) - vw have them backordered...gsf dont have them.

anyone got a spare?

[ Edited ]

I have a duff one acf, don't know how severe your running probs are but my engine runs reasonably ok without the hall sensor even connected. I have one on order from vw at the mo, my symptoms are slight missing at low revs occasionally and running out of steam when really giving it some, for instance it won't go past 120 mph happily. Hope you solve yr problems soon ;-)

yes from vw. An easy diy job:

Pull the rear plug leads from the coilpack and remove the black plastic engine cover (2x 8mm splines). The cam sensor sits in the head right above the coilpack and is held by an allen key bolt. Unplug connector, remove bolt and slide sensor out.

Probably best to disconnect the battery too so the ecu resets itself.

turns out that it probably was the wiring to the ecu as we changed hall sender and it was still kicvking up a fault code.

but i have bigger probs now as i went to germany only to have what appears to be another headgasket fail on my second lap of the nurburgring.

they flew me back and the car will be here within 10 days, but they can drop it in the channel for all i care right now.

but i have bigger probs now as i went to germany only to have what appears to be another headgasket fail on my second lap of the nurburgring.

they flew me back and the car will be here within 10 days, but they can drop it in the channel for all i care right now.

sorry to hear its let u down

must have been a nightmare

turns out that it probably was the wiring to the ecu as we changed hall sender and it was still kicvking up a fault code.

they flew me back and the car will be here within 10 days' date=' but they can drop it in the channel for all i care right now.[/quote']

Andrew - absolutely gutted for you. Seems strange for the head gasket to have gone again? Keep us posted. :( &| ~:(