Yokohamas or Avons (or shop around for another make)?

I've got the choice between these 2 makes of tyres to be fitted to my wheels (price is approx the same). Does anyone have experience of both to let me know which is the best tyre? Or are there any other makes of tyre that stand out for anyone that aren't going to cost the earth? any help appreciated!

I'm loving the Toyo T1-R. Great grip in both wet and dry conditions,.

I managed to get set fitted locally (West Sussex) for approx £200 to standard wheels (205/50/15).

(Excuse all the editing - I really should proof read before I post!)

I have yoko parada spec 2 on mine and have done 4k miles so far with at least 5mm tread left to tread depth indicator but im not that impressed in the wet but maybe its just my standard suspension nor helping

that's pretty good' date=' the 2 sets I'm getting prices for are £279 for the Avons and £300 for the yokies but they're 205/40/17

[/quote']

Is that fitted and balanced or just for the tyres?

I've got Avon ZZ3s and am happy with them but have only had them a month or 2 so dont know about how long they'll last. If you want another option, you can get Toyos for £220 delivered on ebay which is what Id usually go for but the Avons came up even cheaper so I gave them a try

yep, that's fitted and balanced, plus that price includes the garage fitting my hub adapters and my new wheels at the same time - I saw those Toyos on ebay too but figured it would be similar price by the time I'd paid for fitting etc. I've also heard that Yokohamas are quite soft. I guess the Avons it is!

yep' date=' that's fitted and balanced, plus that price includes the garage fitting my hub adapters and my new wheels at the same time - I saw those Toyos on ebay too but figured it would be similar price by the time I'd paid for fitting etc. I've also heard that Yokohamas are quite soft. I guess the Avons it is!

[/quote']

Should be about £40 for fitting and balancing... hub adaptors and wheels wont take 5 mins to fit ;)

My other half has Avon ZV3's (?) on her Polo G40 and hates them. I had a similar model on my standard VR wheels and don't think much of them either. In fact they actually went out of shape and had to be replaced. The standard 15's now run BF Goodrich's and I quite like the handling etc.

My TT Comps have Pirelli P-Zero Nero's on. Only been on a few weeks, but they seem ok. Just need to turn the key in the shocks to a stiffer setting before I give it a real good go.

well that's some pretty varied advice, I reckon I'm going to try the Avons and see how I get on, I'll keep you posted if I think they're crap! Hopefully being fitted on saturday with any luck

BF Goodrich G-Force Profilers very good value and transformed my handling. My car used to veer slightly to the left now it is perfect. I've tried a few makes including Goodyear F1's, Conti's and the BF Goodriches are by far the best. I haven't tried Yokos or Avons though.

You can see the BF's here: http://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/bfguk/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=4&codePage=BFG_PAG_PRODUCT1〈=EN

i have dunlop sp900 on the 4motion they are good in dry and wet lots of grip but then again that could be because of the 4motion system but ther quiet and seem to last a set of 4 205/55/R16 cost me £320 fitted balanced at my local