[moved] Supercharger whistling

It is driving me mad. My z-engineering charger is screaming like a belt slip noise but all the time. Car drives fine. Is definitely the charger cos if i take the cogged belt off it stops completely anyone know if i can just change the bearing if there is one ??? :S :@ *-)

I don't know about the bearings... but here's an alternate to that that may be worth double checking.

Have you checked the air routes as this can make high pitch Whistle kinda noises under certain conditions. though usually effects performace..... Wot re-circ valve you using and is that ok also??

Bearings can be changed as mine was completley rebuilt before I bought it. Vist a good bearing shop and they will best advise. You may want to ask them about the viscosity of the oil the bearings use as I know Millsy had issues with using Mobil 1 and seals leaking.

I've been using gear oil in it since I bought it and that was over 5k ago (sweet as a nut :) )

Yep, all it is, is a big compressor wheel sat on a bearing, the bearings aren't cheap though, you'll be looking at about a £100 from what I can remember. I didn't rebuild mine, but have had plenty of advice from Millsy who did mine.

Are you sure it is that though? Double check it when you take it off.

Didnt really wanna spend that much 500 notes is too much at the mo but thanks. Jay sorry mate i know you said you didnt do yours but do you know how any bearings im lookin at cos it sounds like its screaming from the small pulley the one that the cog belt goes around just wanted to know if i can get away with just changing that bearing if there is one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...