Hi everyone, abs light been on(97vr6 highline) for quite a while now. :? A bloke up the street kindly plugged my car up to his laptop this morning,(think he used a vag tool or sumthing,sorry new to vws). Anyway it came up with the rear abs speed sensor faulty. I was just wondering how much these are to buy and is it a fairly simple job to replace one? any help in the right direction would be much appreciated, thanks

my abs also works hehe the only experiance i hav of abs sensors was on my c reg granada im sure it was on or around the brake calliper it was definatly a piece of piss to sort though i assume its gonna be in the same kinda place on most cars considering its function

Right everyone, had new discs and pads fitted to rear today and my mechanic cleaned the abs sensor but plugged it up again and stilll reads faulty and abs light is still on. Spoke to vw and they want 65 quid for one, spoke to an independent parts supplier and he said he can get me one from germany for 45 plus vat. Now i was just wondering if anyone knows of any german parts suppliers that are good to deal with over the net? Any help would be much appreciated,thanks B)

i paid £35 each for my front ones from euro car parts, and they are the same ATE parts that were on the car from new! just make sure that you get the right side as they are handed, and dont be fooled by what it says on the box, check b4 you leave its the same!

my ABS sensor light is intermittent, more :( generally on than off. I have been told that it may cost me over £1000 to replace is this true? I am unable to do this myself.

my ABS sensor light is intermittent' date=' more :( generally on than off. I have been told that it may cost me over £1000 to replace is this true? I am unable to do this myself.[/quote']

The sensor's themselves are around the £40 mark.......£1000 sounds like an absurd amount of money.....can't be right at all.

definately telling you porkies jane, the most expensive bit that could go wrong is probably the abs control unit, one could be aquired from a secondhand parts dealer for a tiny fraction of that ammount, its not to say that your control unit is duff anyway, could just be a sensor, get it checked by someone else if i were you...