VR6 Shortlist - Thoughts

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Green one! It's the right colour and it's stripped down already' date=' and it's the cheapest! But track day car, could have been through some pain in the past!

[/quote']

I'm only really after the shell though... already got all my interiour, coilovers, brakes, engine / gearbox, rack etc etc ya see ;)

bodywork doesnt look too bad either. which is what im after, and i could stick my smoothed bumper back on ;)

lol

Green one - you'll get it cheaper than £1800 aswell' date=' nobody pays the asking price

[/quote']

Obvously i'd use the "its a highline" and "track car" to my advantage ;)

It's good to be in the know... I've just sent him a txt to see if it's still for sale!

best get selling some shit!

think you could sell the TT wheels on here for £300 and paint your smoothed bumpers etc and Mouve is meant to be the Rarest/Best colour car aswel. Plus it a Highline and will be worth more in the long run.

Best thing you can do is offer him £1500 a few times buy different people and then he'll take £1600-£1700 from you as he'll be glad to get that bit more for it lol - i do it all the time and it really does work.

Try!!

think you could sell the TT wheels on here for £300 and paint your smoothed bumpers etc and Mouve is meant to be the Rarest/Best colour car aswel. Plus it a Highline and will be worth more in the long run.

Best thing you can do is offer him £1500 a few times buy different people and then he'll take £1600-£1700 from you as he'll be glad to get that bit more for it lol - i do it all the time and it really does work.

Try!!

you mean mulbery? thought u sed black magic was rarer most sort after? ;)

I think you best startin off a new project with a new colour imo, i reckon you can get cheaper tha either of those cars tho....

Well VR Mofo - As sad as it is - I might have been wrong lol :-p - I'd still rather the black with black leather though ;-) lol

just pullin your chain mate, year id rather have black leather too, i sold a set of black leather while iv had my highline and regretit now, it was mint too :(

I think the green, body wise looks alot better condition initially...

its the small touches on my golf that i'd like to transfer over... like polo handles for example...

I've always liked daragon green, but to be fair, I was planning on a bespoke spray job anyway, so im not fussed.... I was planning on keeping the VR6 as a toy now anyway ;)

Know how shouldnt be a problem, just stripped the engine etc.. out of my VR over the weekend, and I've got the likes of Stoke VW Spares and a host of other companies/people willing to help me get it back on the road.

Only thing that puts me off the highline is the leather lol, not much for that purple trim, and 9 times outta 10 its very worn anyway!! much prefer me cloth recaro's ;) i think they will go back into the dragon green one that's already stripped, along with some darker carpets etc... providing a) its not sold, B) shell is good.

no reply from the seller yet, the advert was posted 55 days ago, so it could be gone... I dont know how good pistonheads classifieds are in that respect! if no reply by time i get home, i'll phone ;) would be mint just to drop my engine in my small subtle touches again, and boom, we're back in action and no one will know the wiser apart from the car is on a diff plate ;) quite liking K666 VRG ;)

The green one' date=' you won't need to buy a new 'Ring sticker for it ;-)

[/quote']

I think I'll stick mine on... it cost me enough money to get it :) and I can stick my "german" magic tree that i picked up over there for another touch ;)

o0o0o0 getting excited. hope that VR hasnt sold yet... got all new calapers/brakes/disks etc to stick on the new one too... i replaced pretty much everything on that car of mine... at least most of it's reusable minus a few odds and sods.

pete

55 days is a fair wile mate at that price its probli gone.... aint u got recaro's u could put into a mulberry one! dont let that put u off. polo handles cost me 15quid to spray shouldnt be e a problem :s

39 actually... you never know... but i wont disregard the mullbery one. might ask for some better pics, but that's been on for 55 days too...

will have to make some calls. but that is the sort of price range I am looking for... P plate onwards :)

Pete

Sell the seats in the Mulbery one and the rims and you'll make £800 if they are in good condition - so you might be better off that way.

I think you should go for the change - the car new colour. Otherwise you'll always compair (well thats me anyway) Refresh your think hhhhhhmmmmm WWWooooosssssssaaaaaaaa lol sorry going off on one now lol

Dont think they fetch that much mate!

only thing I'll be comparing is the power ;) which lets face it, will be the same... if not better by the time i'm done ;)

I'll get what ever is cheapest at the end of the day, as it wont stay the same regardless of what I buy!

Here are some right bargains for you:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VOLKSWAGEN&min_pr=75&source=0&model=GOLF&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=cf82+7rb&variant=vr6&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=25&ukcarsearch_full.y=7&start=2&distance=132&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200718282178341

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VOLKSWAGEN&min_pr=75&source=0&model=GOLF&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=cf82+7rb&variant=vr6&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=25&ukcarsearch_full.y=7&start=7&distance=77&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200716104825385

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VOLKSWAGEN&min_pr=75&source=0&model=GOLF&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=cf82+7rb&variant=vr6&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=25&ukcarsearch_full.y=7&start=1&distance=135&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200717282076075

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VOLKSWAGEN&min_pr=75&source=0&model=GOLF&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=cf82+7rb&variant=vr6&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=25&ukcarsearch_full.y=7&start=8&distance=138&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200717281699028

I think £1500 would be the max i'd be looking to pay.

One of the ones i just posted up had black leather which you could make so good cash on. £400 atleast - just think of all the cars they car fit - ANY MK3!! thats why people will pay good money for them.