Fastest vr6 at santapod??

Guest simplyvr6

13.6 is a good time' date=' especially with cut slicks ;):D

[/quote']

r888s dont really seem like cut slicks arnt they more like trackday specials?

theyd be perfectly useable on the road apart from a bit noisy and dodgy for aquaplaning

im convinced that they reduce terminal speeds a bit too due to the extra rolling resistance you should hear em when i come off the throttle at the end of a run it sounds like theyr suckin the tarmac up lol

they are awesome for getting it off the line i was getting between 2.1 and 2.3 60 ft times all day BUT you CANT launch it like a na vr its a diffrent technique the best way iv found is hold about 1600 rpm ride the clutch till its fully engaged THEN nail the throttle the 888s allow it to keep traction (goes pretty well in 1st gear lol i pulled just short of 1.25g acceleration on 1 run)

LOL....yeah' date=' certainly a technique to getting a s/c vr off the line.

I'll have to perfect the technique all over again with the 350hp 20vt that's in mine now.

[/quote']

right thats it ban him lol this is why i love the vr and hate the 1.8t heres a clue get the volume up hehe

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v178/eatthis/?action=view&current=me2small.flv

LOL....yeah' date=' certainly a technique to getting a s/c vr off the line.

I'll have to perfect the technique all over again with the 350hp 20vt that's in mine now.

[/quote']

right thats it ban him lol this is why i love the vr and hate the 1.8t heres a clue get the volume up hehe

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v178/eatthis/?action=view¤t=me2small.flv

Here's one back!!!!

th_MOV00542.jpg

TBH Mr 'Simple' has been bringing up rather old posts in what looks like an attempt in upping his post count for some reason. He's been a member since Monday and Posted 68 times, each of which have been rather irritating to say the least.

Sweeping statements like, 'That red MK2 was crap', 'Raceland Manifolds are shit' and pathetic comments to other members are not welcome on a forum, it will wind menbers up who have been around for a long time, and I'm quite frankly getting fed up with it and it has led to me hardly posting.

I quite enjoy using this forum and chatting to the people who are like minded and friendly (after all, it's quality members who make a club), but having a civilised chat with friendly members is becoming increasingly difficult.

Constructive criticism on the other hand is what a forum is for, it's called civilised, friendly debate.

My rant over, sorry fellas, haven't had one for a while!

TBH Mr 'Simple' has been bringing up rather old posts in what looks like an attempt in upping his post count for some reason. He's been a member since Monday and Posted 68 times' date=' each of which have been rather irritating to say the least.

Sweeping statements like, 'That red MK2 was crap', 'Raceland Manifolds are shit' and pathetic comments to other members are not welcome on a forum, it will wind menbers up who have been around for a long time, and I'm quite frankly getting fed up with it and it has led to me hardly posting.

I quite enjoy using this forum and chatting to the people who are like minded and friendly (after all, it's quality members who make a club), but having a civilised chat with friendly members is becoming increasingly difficult.

Constructive criticism on the other hand is what a forum is for, it's called civilised, friendly debate.

My rant over, sorry fellas, haven't had one for a while!

[/quote']

There's no escaping the odd idiot im afriad - as a result this user is now banned.