Cheapest way to 240-250 bhp?

also on a slightly sensible note, isn't nitrous illegal to use on the road ?? No insurance company will touch you with nitrous for road use if this is the case will they?? If thats true then you might save 2 grand getting a charger but lose 4 grand upwards when you wrap your car round a post and the insurance company don't pay out??

And unless you get a progressive NOS kit (expensive), it's Wide Open Throttle only.

For everyday use, I prefer the route acf8181 mentioned a page or two back: VGI, cams and shorter final drive. PhatVR6 pulled a 14.5 in his Corrado VR6 N/A, and it's around 200bhp. It's all in the LSD and gearing.

The standard 3.3 diff is fine for cruising and is largely why the VR returns reasonable MPGs for the size and inefficiency of the engine. If you want really urgency from normally aspirated, drop in a 3.6 or 3.94 crown wheel. Yep you'll lose top end but the extra midrange urge will more than compensate for that.

also on a slightly sensible note' date=' isn't nitrous illegal to use on the road ?? No insurance company will touch you with nitrous for road use if this is the case will they?? If thats true then you might save 2 grand getting a charger but lose 4 grand upwards when you wrap your car round a post and the insurance company don't pay out??[/quote']

*sigh* there's always one..

• 2 weeks later...
PhatVR6 pulled a 14.5 in his Corrado VR6 N/A' date=' and it's around 200bhp. It's all in the LSD and gearing.

[/quote']

14.4 now

good enough to beat a 300bhp corraod vr6....which just happend to be supercharged.

oh how I love beting superchared vr6's with my 8v ehaust wearing, standard chip running corrado vr6 ;)