Price to pay for Mk3 VR6

Hello all new here.

About to buy a VR6 Just sold a Renault 21turbo

Can any body let me know a rough pirce I can expect to pay for a 1996 P VR6 102,000 miles bog standard spotless clean all leather air con sun roof. Only extra Alpine + CD multi changer.

Thank you

Chris K

hello mate ... i recently sold my p plate highline standard apart from upgraded suspension to a colleague at work for about £ 2.5k - this was in line with parkers price guide and at end of the day a car is only worth what someone will pay - not what the owner thinks it's worth - if you look on autotrader these cars are advertised by small time traders for about £ 2.5k so you shouldn't be looking to pay more than that - at end of the day it's a great car but expensive to run and unless your a good mechanic if it has an imminent chain change it's a very big bill for an old car at end of the day !

@gaz, yea they will try for even more than that, they usually call them a highline when there not to fetch a higher price (even if it doesnt have leather lol)

@ 102k you could just moan about the chains need doin soon and knock teh price down even more;)

personly id look for a lower millage one...but thats me im fussy

As long as it's well serviced, higher miles don't mean much. Make sue chanis are done on early cars. P plate is probably not needed so much but is good for peace of mind.

Expect to pay between 2.5-3k for a good standard car.

Mark.

Hi Gentlemen

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I have taken the jump and got the car now.

When I get used to the forum I will post up some pics for you.

But I am sure most of you will not be much interested in a standard VR6.

Thank you again

Chris K

Linc's

But I am sure most of you will not be much interested in a standard VR6.

I think you'll find we like them all. After all there's not much 'standard' about putting a 2.8l V6 engine in a Golf.

I think the only criticism it will get will be 'Get it lowered'

Tg