stalling.... I need help

Hi just wondering if you could help??

I have a 94 VR6 that when it starts up it doesn't idle unless i keep the rev's on. If i take my foot off , it dies out.

The temp sencor was changed cos thought that was the problem.Then the car was put on the computer and checked again. Tild it was the Air-flow meter, To which i got a new one. I put this in and still have the problem.

Does the car neeed re-set after the Air-flow meter is changed.?????????

The car only has 70k on it. When driving its fine , but stop at a junction it stalls,, not all the time though????

Any idea's???

Thanks

This problem just will not go away. Now its May and i've put new plugs and leads in but no joy......Then put it on the computer with VW who told me it was the engine speed senser which took them 3 weeks to get.......AND STILL NO JOY.......someone help me please.

Just fed up spending money hand over fist.

Thanks Gal

Cheers Earwig,

Had the car on the computer and was told its not the electrics. Ive cleaned out the throtle body and stabliser thing(cant remember the name just gone blank) and still have the same problem.

I've ordered new leads and plugs cos 1 or 2 of them seems to be earthing.....? Could this be the cause of it stalling....?

gettingreally F****d off with it now.

Anyone !!!!!!!! Gal

• 2 months later...

Hi nak has the fuel filter been changed recently i have seen them cause problems when not changed or try checking the rubber pipe from the inlet manifold to the fuel pressure regulator also where abouts are you in Ireland ?

I have a few spares for them auld vr6s gimme a shout :)

Nerth : No AC i am afraid

Big Jay Have tried that as well, and swapped it with one out of a Corrado and still the same... Thanks

VR6Boy.. You from glubgti.net( iam known as Gal there)What ur number or text it to me 00353879791690.From Donegal cheers

• 1 month later...

please guys i really need help here. The problem is still here. The car is still in the garage at the moment and i am getting nowhere. The guy at the garage has tried nearly everything and still the car will not run...........AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

We have tried all the sensor's on his computers and all comming back clear???????

Checked the brain of the car also , and no fualts there.

he thinks its un-metered air somewhere .

Has anyone any idea's on how to look for this , cos its doing my head in. I have the car 6 Months now and still can'tdrive it......

Once again AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please help!!