• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to move the filter up behind the bumper a bit more. I'm also looking into getting a breathable waterproof jacket for the filter, as mentioned earlier in the post.

As Binliner said, my car's a highline and it's got air-con so no probs there Pete.

I'm going to organise a slot on the RR with both my car and Tommy's........as Tom's is standard and will give an fairer comparison than my car.

Early on road tests feel very good indeed.

Feels like it got more torque.

I haven't had an experience with a BMC kit, but i had a very similar closed cannister filter on my Ibiza 20vT. It was a Green Dynatwist, which again come very hyped....i felt like it completely strangled the car even though it was getting plenty of fresh air from the ducting. I took it off in the end and replaced it with a Pipercross cone and cool air ducting and it transformed the car. I'll always go for an air to air filter now.

i'd be very interseted in the intake tubes but would idealyy like to keep my ram-air filter as it already sounds like a rabid wolf on steroids! any ideas on pricing of complete and individual components? not everyone will want the same filter of course!

the BMC cant be doing much wrong. 210BHP from my VR with that' date=' zaust and a schrick + dastek :) thankyou very much :D[/quote']

8bhp behind you without the Schrick and Dastek ;)

Not saying that the BMC isn't any good, just that my previous experiences with a closed cannister filter wasn't that impressive.

As Tommy said above.

MAF's have a tendency to die quite often. There are a number of reasons, but one of the main reasons is the use of Oiled Induction Kits. This isn't to say that the likes of K&N and Pipercross are no good, (I run a Pipercross myself) but it's usually peoples OVER OILING of induction kits that kills the MAF. Believe me, i know the hard way and they're not cheap!

Basically the oil from the filter gets sucked through and down into the MAF. Inside the MAF is a fragile metal strip along with a sensor. Basically this gets hot and the oil particles getting sucked through the filter get burnt onto the sensor. After a while this build up of oil etc ruins the sensor as it can no longer acurately guage the flow of air across it.

Therefore, either don't over oil your filter or, buy a non oiled filter eg - Green.

the BMC cant be doing much wrong. 210BHP from my VR with that' date=' zaust and a schrick + dastek :) thankyou very much :D[/quote']

8bhp behind you without the Schrick and Dastek ;)

Not saying that the BMC isn't any good, just that my previous experiences with a closed cannister filter wasn't that impressive.

it might not be a dastek chip but yours is chipped though isn't it?