HOW DO YOU DRIVE YOURS???

the reasoning behind trail braking is to counter the understeer by having the centre of gravity further forward. usually only necessary at lowish speeds as the balance moves more to oversteer at higher speeds.

what you do is (and picture you're on a straight road into a tightish corner) arrive at speed and brake very hard (on the limit) in a straight line. now tradition thinkin would be to get off the brakes and get on a balanced throttle as you turn in. but due to the heavy vr6 engine you'd get understeer. so you actually turn in on the brakes, but not full brakes (you have to trade off braking grip against cornering grip. its comlex and you have to get it spot on or you could end up spinning). you then will only get back on the throttle mid corner.

hope you can understand that, i'm crap at putting stuff like this down in writing. i'd have to show you really.

On the brakes hard, as you turn in release some pressure on the brakes, but not completely. Stay on the brakes till u feel the back end start to step out slightly then smoothly onto the accelerator and back off the steering slightly and away you go.

[ Edited Sat Jul 03 2004, 09:49PM ]

il drive to about 85% (dont fancy walkin home and ruinin my car) i do trail brake VERY slightly occasionally i aint gonna start pushin it just case i always change gear (if im racin) at around 6k im not good enough to tell exactly where 6250 rpm is consistantly i had a blat last night with 4 ppl in i did 145mph on a dual carriage way and had a bit of a thrash down my fav lane touched 100 once ps 2 adults in the back help shift the weight rearwards it gets quite lively and its a good laugh

imo how u drive ur car is entirely upto u iv u drive it like u stole it fine i dont hav a prob i reckon we all hav enough common sense not to do stupid things like twattin round in built up areas etc etc im sure u know what im on about i do see quite a few of young lads doin stupid things THATS what pisses ppl off cuz its dangerous and its not just themselves they hurt its mental and it gives every1 else a bad name thats it rant over hehe just had to get that off my chest