Flushed wings?

Yes it is a legal requirement but many places will let them throught the MOT. Depending on where you live I am sure people can advise of places to go ;-)

I have places that will pass mine for a variety of things including the lack of side repeaters ;-)

Mark.

I was told that the MOT rule states that if you stand behind the car and then move 1 metre to the side of the car you have to be able to see a flasher somewhere along the side of the car.

There is nothing to say where it can be.....Can be anywhere....

I was thinking of eventually putting an LED or somthing behind the mirror in my wing mirror this way the inside of the mirror will flash and nothing will show up on the bodywork. It would also make the car road legal to drive :-)

Mark.

• 6 months later...

A few more ideas I had was to put a indicator in the rear window as close to possible to the door handle.

And this option that I was probaly going to take which is

Fit some 2-3mm perspex in the recessed hole where the indicator was,

Flat it so its compleaty flush with the wing.

Add a small amount of filler where perspex joins wings, Flat off again,

Mask a new slighty smaller oval onto the perspex.

Spray so filler is compleaty covered,

Remove mask and lighly blow over remaining clear perspex (light dust as if blowing in pannal repair)

Then the old indicator with amber bulbs would be fibre glassed onto inside of wing.

This way when indicator is not been used and your not looking at it from a 90* angle it should look complety smoothed and invisable. Yet when old bill pull you over you can hopfully argue that its legal.

Sounds like alot of work but is probaly less work that welding in metal grinding filling ect

lol Some people will probaly think im mad