Nurburgring 2007

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats the one As! Doesnt look that hard but you try going round at over 100mph and see if you can stay on the tarmac ha ha (can I come round when you try)

If ya got the balls to ride wit me cuz!! (sorry just been watching 2 fast 2 furious - got me all excited about the trip).

I love that corner, real challenging, i see cars gronding out coming up to that bend, and your only real chance to brake is just before you take off over the crest, and ya gotta hit the pads hard, cos there is no point braking in mid air bro (a)

Not Long now. In fact it's the next event :-)

Now, I'm not wanting to teach anyone how to suck eggs but as the 'daddy' of this trip I feel it's my duty to actively promote the following info to all you n00bs.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/warning.html http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/safety-leaflet.pdf http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/accidentproc.html http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/five_rules.html

TG

me to.

nigel' date=' if your my daddy, can i have my pocket money for the trip :)

[/quote']

No, I'm the trip's daddy. The 'Ring is going to get all my pocket money.

If you are a good boy, however, I might get you a colouring book for the journey!

I've got the webcam from the entrance on my desktop. If you want to do the same, save this HTML file to your desktop. Right-click on your desktop and click Properties. Select the Desktop tab, and click Customize Desktop. Select the Web tab, and click the New button. Click the Browse button and select the HTML file you saved. Click OK until you're back at the desktop, and move it where you want it. You can go back to the Web tab on the second box to lock the page where you put it. It should refresh the image every 600 seconds. You cna manually refresh by using right-click then Refresh on the web page. It's the first time I've found a use for Active Desktop!

Cheers,

Andy

I've got the webcam from the entrance on my desktop. If you want to do the same' date=' save this HTML file to your desktop. Right-click on your desktop and click Properties. Select the Desktop tab, and click Customize Desktop. Select the Web tab, and click the New button. Click the Browse button and select the HTML file you saved. Click OK until you're back at the desktop, and move it where you want it. You can go back to the Web tab on the second box to lock the page where you put it. It should refresh the image every 600 seconds. You cna manually refresh by using right-click then Refresh on the web page. It's the first time I've found a use for Active Desktop!

Cheers,

Andy

Look how sunny and empty it is. Yearn......

I've got the webcam from the entrance on my desktop. If you want to do the same' date=' save this HTML file to your desktop. Right-click on your desktop and click Properties. Select the Desktop tab, and click Customize Desktop. Select the Web tab, and click the New button. Click the Browse button and select the HTML file you saved. Click OK until you're back at the desktop, and move it where you want it. You can go back to the Web tab on the second box to lock the page where you put it. It should refresh the image every 600 seconds. You cna manually refresh by using right-click then Refresh on the web page. It's the first time I've found a use for Active Desktop!

Cheers,

Andy

Look how sunny and empty it is. Yearn......

I know! There's a base model Audi A4 estate at the gate now. There was a Porsche Cayman S in bright yellow earlier. I've been looking for an RSS feed, or something I can use to show a 'Ring calendar on the desktop too. It'd be nice to show there's a tourist day (like today), and a webcam image below....

Cheers,

Andy

is ti to late to wanna go adn how much am i lookin at for the whloe trip... but nbot to sure if i wanna take the cab around the ring ??? !!!!

Not too late i think. If you wanna get on the same ferry as most then you'l have to speak to seademon. he may be able to get hold of a ferry ticket for ya. The 1st ferry out is fully booked afaik

ive chaned up 330 quid into euro's and thats what im taking.

should see me and my mate through..

camping 11 euros a night 33 total

gonna buy a 8 lap ticket for the ring

fuel , beer ,food in that order.

i may have to dip into my pocket a bit, but i doubt it.

you won't need £500, The big cost is petrol, i spent about £150 in squirt last trip, thats a rough guess, camping is circa £10/night, laps are 16euros (cheaper in bulk), then it's just food, drink, and of course the ferry, which if you catch seademon in time is circa £100 return from dover

I plan on spending as little as possible :-)

Most of it will be petrol and food I guess with accomodation in there to.....

I doubt I will be drinking to much if I am lapping the ring ;-)

Spent to much on the car to be silly with it.....

Mark.