Twin Headlights

Hella do them and i think inpro or some other brand re-done them but the quality of the lamps and surrounds is poorer, i got the smoked carbon surround Hella ones,(you can get paintable surrounds aswell) Morette also did a slightly different version but they are very rare and expensive, they are pretty bright lamps but i wouldnt say brighter than standard ones particularly, they do give the fron a more aggresive look & look nice when switched on with the projector lens "xenon" type main lamp, spots are very good, tbh as i am revamping my VR to a more "standard" old skool type look i might be moving the lamps on shortly, heres a pic to give you an idea of what they look like on a Purple Highline! :)

1164402708_2067_FT147285_102_0236_.jpg

Thanks for your swift reply phm! The ones in your pic are exactly what i had in mind. If you do sell up i would certainly be interested so please drop me a pm! Sorry to sound ignorant but im new to vr's, which part is the 'projector lens "xenon" type main lamp' and which part is the spot as i thought the spotlights were in the block of 3 in line with the number plate..? Which bits light up with sidelights, main beam, full beam etc?

Cheers!

as you can see from johns pic the outer lamp is your main headlight with the dome glass lens inside, and the inner lamp is spot and sidelight, when the lamps are on sidelights the inner small bulb is illuminated adn the outer main lamp also comes on but only half brightness, on full lamps outer comes on full and inner remains sidelight and is also your main beam spot lamp, if you understand any of that you get a free fish! will let you know what i am going to do with them mate no preoblem.

Not sure if you are intersested or not but I have a set of the Rare and Expensive Morrette twin lights if you want a pair ?

They include all wiring and are electrically adjustable from inside the cabin. I don't think the other lights let you do this ?

Mint Condition ;-)

PM if interested

Mark.

• 1 month later...

Nice,they are the expensive morette ones! just dont break a lamp!!!!! hella lamps are hard enough to find single & morette are near impossible! i saw a set at E38 a couple of years ago with dragon green surrounds, i just noticed them on a guys stall and moved in for a squizz when someone swooped in and bought them!!! they do look mean too,

PHM have u put brighter bulbs in yours because i find that the light i get from mine is very poor (also like the standard lights).

If you have' date=' what bulbs did u go for, thanks alot.

[/quote']

I put the blue type "xenon" (claimed by manafacturer) bulbs in, they really do give a piercing white light,cant remember the make though? so much so people were always flashing me!!! lamps were adjusted at mot station and give very good light on mine anyway

Nice' date='they are the expensive morette ones! just dont break a lamp!!!!! hella lamps are hard enough to find single & morette are near impossible! i saw a set at E38 a couple of years ago with dragon green surrounds, i just noticed them on a guys stall and moved in for a squizz when someone swooped in and bought them!!! they do look mean too,

[/quote']

ah i wondered why iv not seen another set before lol,sorry bout the bad pic,they need another coat of black,bring on the nice weather,so these not available any more then? i know i cant get thrm through work

think they are still available as a whole kit, seen them in the US for about £400 the yanks all rave about them but seen a few people moaning about them too recently, mainly due to the bad light emmited coz of the qaulity of the reflectors, the hellas have a better outer lamp with the domed projector "cat eye" in, still think the morretes look good though and not so commonly seen

• 4 months later...