Oil change.... Am I imagining things???

I finally got round to doing a long overdue oil and oil filter change today. I took it out for a test run afterwards, and oh my God!!!! I don't know if I'm imagining things but it seems to be running 10 times better and even the induction roar sounds better! :-d Is this normal/likely or am I just suffering from oil poisoning????? +o(

just had mine done at awesome, i tend to do the oil and filter every 6-7000 miles. When i left work on friday at 1pm, got some super unleaded, the sun was out, sunroof open , radio off, and the vr sounded and ran as sweet as a nut, makes you so happy when you hear that roar!!

i agree with highline, i just had my VR serviced at awesome yesterday - first full oil change since Jan. prior to it, i was worrying the chains were needing doing, the engine was tapping so badly, but after the service, bugs is running soooo sweet! :)

my main service at awesome was £245 but that included some work to fix a bodyshell leak in 3 places too. the off-the-shelf quote for service was about 50 or so quid cheaper than the vw stealer. friendly bunch at awesome, too, they know their stuff.

duncs