The manifold on my Mk3 has the initials VSR embossed in it in large letters, a VW Motorsport silver sticker and another embossing that looks a bit like a lowercase letter 'p'.

Is this a Schrick manifold? [Edit - no it's not a Schrick, but it is a Good Thing apparently ;)]

(I'll post a pic tomorrow if necessary - I didn't have my camera with me when I was last down in the garage)

No, really - I only just found out about these things tonight - I'm Googling it now.

I found a post on another forum by Antera309 who was selling one on eBay ... what'd you get for it (if you don't mind me asking?!)

My Mk3 was fairly cheap and the previous owner only had it for a year (just after the engine rebuild and presumably when the VSR was fitted) so I don't think he knows anything about it either - I'm just wondering if I got a better deal than I thought!

I've been doing a bit of hunting for pics of VSR's and can't find any that don't have the VW Motorsport logo embossed into it. Mine has 'VSR' and 'P' embossed into it but only a silver reflective sticker for VWM where the embossing should be. Also, the Part Number tag has no number on it that I can read ... I'll have to post a pic tonight ...

Do you think I may have a prototype or pre-production manifold?

it should look like this then :) -

1161259775_594_FT141667_engine_2.jpg

as far as i know they are all engraved - don't know why yours isn't??

mine had a silver sticker with a part number on it in the lower right hand corner when i got it - the number was 021 133 202 VWM :)

i removed the sticker when i polished it up but kept it at home......(sad case i know)

does it look like this under the lead covers ???

1161260004_594_FT141667_vr6_vsr.jpg

Yup that's the one, except mine is dull grey, scratched, oily, dirty and missing the centre black VR6-DOHC cover.

I was completely wrong about the 'no VW Motorsport' embossing on mine - it has it for sure. Don't know why I thought it didn't!

There's no sign of any number on the silver sticker.

I'll post a pic later this evening

theyre winding you up... these manifolds are rare because they were all recalled by VW because of a fault... if you send it to me I'll send you a replacement ;)

Faulty? Bugger. Oh well, no worries, I found a standard manifold at the local garage - he said he'd throw the VSR away for me...