Additional oil cooler kits?

Oil coolers are well worth it - my oil temp very rarely goes over 90 degrees C - even when I'm thrashing it.

It fits in front of the rad at the bottom.

The more rows the bigger the rad which equals more cooling capability - but as there's not that much room there's not much point in going for more than 13rows.

Cheers

Mina

Oil coolers are well worth it - my oil temp very rarely goes over 90 degrees C - even when I'm thrashing it.

It fits in front of the rad at the bottom.

The more rows the bigger the rad which equals more cooling capability - but as there's not that much room there's not much point in going for more than 13rows.

Cheers

Mina

Mina. Mine rarely goes over 90 and I don't have an aftermarket oil cooler. You sure your charger doesn't help with cooling? Mine has seemed to since it was fitted.

Transmission coolers aren't easy to implement on the 02A box, or needed. Just stick some Redline MT90 oil in it. That's all you need. Having said that, I think VW Motorsport used to do an finned housing for extreme use. Not cheap!

As for the Mocal engine oil coolers, they rock. My Corrado was running at 114 degrees cruising at 80 before the Mocal, now it runs at 94-96. Oil kept at less than or at 100 degrees = stable viscosity and less consumption.

[ Edited Thu Jun 17 2004, 10:13PM ]