0-60 best time to change gear?

Bit of an expensive way to find out! I would agree its not at 6200, as that is the rev limit! I would say it is around the 5300 mark. My rule of thumb is to put it in 4th and accelerate flat out from 1000rpm ish, you will notice it starts to pull slowly, then as you get to around 3500 it takes off like Concorde, then starts to tail off again at around 5300. What you are aiming for is to drop it into 2nd, and for the revs to be in that "take off zone". Over rev and youre killing the engine for nothing. Gotta remember Vr6 is a 12V not 24V! 4 Port engine have no go at low revs, but they do produce power a lot higher in the rev range. 2 Port engines simply cant get the exhaust out and the mix in fast enough, to rev like a Honda Type R! Also VR6 got a heavy old chain, which although super reliable, drags its sorry ass round creating tons of drag, which a flimsy little belt wont. Anyway to cut a long story short, Vr6 has dont rev well but it makes each one count, so stat well away from that rev limiter!!!

• 2 weeks later...