well hi all,just got back from a breakof 2 weeks and bought a late spec coil pack engine(loom and brain included) and wondered if it's an easy swap into my early spec vr???any help or pointers would be gladly appreciated!also,looking to sell my early spec engine if anyone's interested???

i notice that the wires leading to the maf sensor,and possibly the lambda sensor and possibly another sensor,appear to come out of the bulkhead near to the servo.i was wondering whether these are in fact a common item between the two engines,and that they infact won't need changing,just the ecu under the windscreen and the loom to the block are all that are needed?

surely if you remove the tb, injectors, etc off your current engine and place them on the new one you can plug it in as an obd1...the actual mechanical bits of the engine are identical as a far as i know.

hope you understand what i mean, easier than changing the whole loom.

[ Edited Sat Jun 12 2004, 10:44PM ]

[ Edited Sun Jun 13 2004, 10:42AM ]

surely if you remove the tb' date=' inkectors, etc off your current engine and place them on the new one you can plug it in as an obd1...the actual mechanical bits of the engine are identical as a far as i know.

hope you understand what i mean, easier than changing the whole loom.[/color']

[ Edited Sat Jun 12 2004, 10:44PM ]

He...he...he... obviously the "red" doesn't agree with you..

"Inkectors"?? hmmmm a new Red technical term here :D

Yeah, Yeah, I know, a typo but it had ta be done..in fun of course :D:P;) 8o)

[ Edited Sun Jun 13 2004, 09:35AM ]

only very very early OBD1's had dizzy, '92 cars i think. my '93 has a coilpack.

my point is if you took all the ancileries off (inc both manifolds) surely you could then bolt on the obd1 stuff that you already have, and it'd work as an obd1. the block/head/cams are the same on all are they not?

hmmmmmmm!mine has dizzy,and the block i have got coming is coilpack!the dizzy is mechanical,and the coilpack is electric?so if i was to use my ecu,etc.then surely i'd need to fit a dizzy to the coilpack engine?entailing what?

my 93 has dizzy.... so it must have changed over mid year. and im sure that it would just be a case of mounting and connecting it, although i dont know if its ecu controlled. an etka cd may be usefull here. ill have a look as soon as i have it. lol. cheers andrew. ;)

i can't see that error?! :P;)

Thats Cos' you Editted the original message and whilst you were at it added a handful of stars in the Left hand Column. A tad over done if you ask me Lols :D:D;):P

[ Edited Mon Jun 14 2004' date= 08:41AM ]