Ring Trip Sept 9/10/11th 2006

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt mind it' date=' depends if i can get the time off and havent had any issues with the car before then. must get some winter wheels/tyres sorted out for it though lol

[/quote']

would be a great trip and a memorable time i reckon. Would like to see you there chief :-)

Guest vwsyncro

it's the same parking just after motorway exit 7, and what does vr mean in (1. Seademon + Vr (camping)) vr6???

or do you guy's bring youre girlfriend???

there wont be coming allot of cars from the vr6 club holland, im the only one :-(

I seem to remember a big Shell garage on the A76/E14 which is just inside Holland - could we meet there? Has a meeting point been organised already? I've added my mate James to the list that is coming too.

1. Seademon + Vr (camping)

2. James + 325i (camping)

3. Mk3 Anni + Vr (hotel?)

4. Ingham + Co pilot Fourmotion (camping)

5. VrSick + Co Pilot TG (campig)

6. Cadguy + Vr + co pilot Andy (fourmotion's m8 and cameraman) (camping - dependant on getting a tent and sleeping bag LoL)

7. Vwsyncro on route!

Vr means vr6! sorry need to make things a little clearer!

1. Seademon + Vr6 (camping)

2. James + 325i (camping)

3. Mk3 Anni + Vr6 (hotel?)

4. Ingham + Vr6 (camping)

5. VrSick + Vr6 (camping)

6. Cadguy + Vr6 (camping)(dependant on getting a tent and sleeping bag LoL)

7. Vwsyncro + Vr6 on route! (hotel?)

8. SamVR6 + Vr6 or Evo?

Passengers:

Fourmotion - camping

The Goth - camping

Andy (fourmotion's m8 and cameraman) - camping

edit by cadguy on tent issues

That tic-tac tent rocks Nigel!

The new one is only a slight improvement; think Tic-Tac with porch.

I'm in need of a roof over me head. I can bring lots of beer as payment LOL

Whereas I'm just bringing my empties, to get the deposit back on them.

A quick word of warning - the use of cameras, digital & camcorders isnt allowed in-car whilst on the ring. If caught you will get banned for the day.

There are marshalls who do look and also some marshalls are riding around the ring on motorbikes (quickly too!)

But if your sneaky it can be done ;0)

Guys just to let you know - andy and myself have sorted live GPS tracking on the ring.

Basically will give you corner by corner breakdown of your times... Hows that! :-D

Hope you have better luck with yours then I did with mine. It was great at the start but in amongst the trees it kicked into dead reckoning mode and it didn't reckon on me driving the 'Ring ;-)

Here's alink to change GPS log files into Google Earth plots: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map?form=googleearth

TG

1155579079_2196_FT130318_bridge_.jpg

1155579079_2196_FT130318_dead_.jpg

Guest vwsyncro

The weather here for that weekend is record breaking torrential rain so the crossing might be a bit rough :0)

Anyone get sea sick?

yes me, if it's alright whit you guy's i'll just wait on the other side of the kanal

Guest vwsyncro

just subsribed myself to the vr6oc, can i pay to somebody at the nurburgring???

Thank you, your details have now been received. Once payment has been confirmed, your membership pack will then be dispatched.

To make payment via Paypal click here. Alternatively you can make a cheque payable to Peter Leese addressed to:

The VR6 Owners Club

PO BOX 1132

Winscombe

BS25 5WZ

ps: am i the first overseas vr6oc member?????????

You mean a premium membership. A quick look through the premium members chat shows you are not the first I'm afraid. But good on you anyway.

I would have though paying at the 'Ring was an option. We'll all witness you paying VrSick in case he spends it all on beer before we get back to the UK.

TG

Got mine from last time but if you already have holiday insurance do you still need it?

Things you will need are:

Passport

Ferry confirmation

Drivers licence

Insurance cert? Not taken it before but you probably should

Warning triangle (EU law but I dont take one)

Euros (credit card if you fancy crashing at the ring!)

Tent/Sleeping bag/blow up bed

Camping chair

Your car

Your passengers

Anything else?

if anyone hasnt got an e111 yet then do it online today if you want it in time for trip

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do

Because of the nature of the Beast' date=' it is also advisable to get travel insurance with medical cover in case you need a flight in a helicoptor.

Still get an E111, or whatever the card is called these days, as it will reduce/zero the excess on medical claims.

Also of note, for you drivers, are the requirments for foreign driving. Although I guess most (should) know already: Warning triangle, first aid kit, spare bulbs for all external lamps and a fire extinguisher.

Makes us UK drivers look highly irresponsible.

Anything else?

A crash helmet if you can; looks good in photo's, a must for most passenger laps with dedicated Ringers and could even save your life.

NOTE: I have two triangles and a first aid kit/extinguisher I can lend.

TG

Guest vwsyncro

bring the helmet for sure, this is me riding along in the 996 gt3 manthey tuned, overtakes the ring viper, ring taxi, at one time a 996 gt2 tryed to keep up, but it went of the track (whit minimal damage)

GroteFoto=EDFVG6AF