Useless dealers

Guest VR6newbie

Hi i was wondering wether it was jus VW dealer in CAmbridge that was totally useless! I went in to by some new HT leads for my car (no problem there) i explained the car i had and the man gave me some leads. i got home to find out that there were infact only five and they looked like they were for a GTI. I calmly went back to the Dealer and explained. THe apologised. He then handed me some leads in plastic back and said these were the correct one. I checked them at the dealer to see they were right. I got and on further inspection. i found the leads were actually SECOND HAND and some had perished! I then rang up being angry and after 20mins of arguing he finally admitted he made a mistake and has offered to fit the CORRECT, NEW ones on thursday free of charge! has any body else had this problem? x)

yeah, i went to my local dealer in middlesbrough and tried to get the rubber exhaust mounts. told him the cars details, and he went and had a look, came back and asked which ones i wanted, i said all of the exhaust mounts, front to back. (just fitted a scorpion system) he left again and came back with a booklet, and showed me 2 types and asked which ones, i had a look and noticed i needed both types, so i told him exactly that. he asked how many i wanted, i was like i dont know, how many do i need, so he said in a very bad manner, when you know what you want come back. and just walked away from me. i was fuming. does he expect me to clamber under my car in the car park to see which ones i wanted. id have thaught hed have known, considering hes the mechanic. lol.

[ Edited Tue Jun 08 2004, 11:27PM ]

actually mate most part sales people in dealerships are not mechanics they are just salespeople and the majority ive come across probably wouldnt even know where the oil goes as they just get 1 of the workshop mechanics to sort there cars and i personally think it makes things bloody awkward cos this is why we end up with wrong parts.

yeah, that's annoying - at least you have got some now FOC & fitted. My local stealership is awful, and often make mistakes - but I keep going back as they are always do stuff FOC or discounted to make up for their last botch job!

If you are ever dissatisfied with your local dealership write a polite (but stinging ! ;)) letter to the dealership principal - that usually gets a favourable response! 8o)

From my experience the one in Colchester is ok... The parts people are really helpfull and when I needed proof of what alarm was fitted for the insurance they checked that everything was working and then wrote me a letter confirming the make model and that it was working all foc. I might just be lucky though!