[moved] Shall i get a Full respray?

GOt some rust isues with the VR and usual stone chips ect.

Point is, i had a quote to have my bumpers smoothe front fogs delted, wing indicatrs delted, bonnet sprayed, it came to about 600 i then asked how much for a full re-spray and all the work he said £1000

iv used them before, good work but i know if they do odd panels theyl stick out being fresh paint and i dont want that.

not sure my car really needs a full respray but if its only 400 quid more......

Sounds to cheap to me for a real quality job.

Maybe you have come accross a bargain of a lifetime as just having the front bumper smoothed and painted properly will set you back £400 alone as so much time is needed for it.

A good full repray should be about £1500-2000 if done well and that's without any mods and smoothing.

I had a quote from Premiere in Northampton who do alot of show cars and they quoted me nearly £4k !

I know it's an old saying used again and again but "You only get what you pay for"

If you can afford it and the work is good then by all means go for it. Hopefully they will do a good job and you will be happy :-)

Mark.

just because a company does "show cars" doesnt mean thier work is any better than some other, unkown companies. it just means , in my experience, they can charge you over the odds because they do/have done a load of cars that peeps are familiar with. looks like pf autos might go that way, popularity doesnt always equal quality imo. if its not done to your liking you can always take it back, but if you know the work and the guys there i say why the hell not!

i approached a few bodyshops who id seen work from and was really impressed but they wouldnt do any modification work :-(

Another issue is asking what they propose to do to achieve the mod in question. If they propose to fill your bumpers with fibreglass and filler walk away....

Thread moved to the Bodywork section.

I got several quotes for the smoothing, tidy & respray on mine and none came to less than £1900, although it seems to be more expensive here in the South. If I remember rightly VR6Pete got his respray + mods done (to a very high standard) in Stoke for about £1400.

£1000 is roughly what I'd expect to pay for a straight respray with no mods or dent repair, so if he's offering to do the lot for that, and he's good, then it's a bargain.

Have a chat to him about how he plans to do the mods, and if possible get a look at some other cars he's done.

Also, ask him if his quote included VAT!!!! ;)

• 5 weeks later...

i am paying £1000 for a full respray

with loads of mods its taken 6 weeks so far and will be ready next week

i did supply 2 new vw wings

a new late model bumper

a new grill

and new black front lip

they are going to smooth the rear bumper

paint the tailgate spoiler,side skirts ,derust and fill

as the rear arches were on their way out,

all the window rubbers were taped back,and the rust sorted out under the rubbers, treated and painted,so it seems i got a bargain no wonder i have had to wait 6 weeks