I had all my discs and pads replaced in January this year after having problems with brake judder plus the rear discs needed replacing anyway. After taking it easy for about 500 miles to be on the safe side, the discs and pads were nicely bedded in and the brakes finally felt effective. However the brake judder has been gradually returning. First apparent when braking from high speeds 80mph + by a noticable grinding sound and the steering wheel judders. This has become progressively worse again, and the steering judder happens when normally braking (not especially hard) from around 40mph or more. It's really annoying me this problem has come back, looking at the service history, the front discs have now been replaced 4 times within 2 years! What could be causing the Discs to become warped so quickly?!! It's such a pain having a fast car which you are unable to utilise due to not trusting the brakes!

thats really bizarre, never heard of this on a vr6 before.

what type of discs were fitted? they didn't happen to be cheap ones ,like halfords, did they? and were decent quality pads used as well?

i'm pretty much clutching at straws with this idea. but i know a lot of vauxhalls have problems warping every type of disc/pad except genuine and uprated ones.

They were ATE discs, not sure about the pads, but I'm pretty sure they were OE ones or similar. Fitted professionally at Midland VW. I'll try and dig out the receipt tomorrow. I can only think of maybe a sticky caliper, but that MUST have been checked when the discs and pads were done, as I said that judder was the problem. The guy even said my existing discs were practically new, but on inspection the inner side of the discs were warped. I hope there is not some underlying (expensive) problem here. :@

• 2 weeks later...