Guest Olly_K

nice post !

i've voted yes because vince said there weren't any problems with mine and i was with him, although when i floor it, the torque is amazing, then at 4k i can feel the car go flat for a second and then it picks up again, but it doesnt pick up all that well. maybe i should have got BHP cams and not torquey ones

Supercharger next !

Yep for me too, but initially it was binding. Vince sorted it though.

Interesting regarding yours Olly, especially as you've done the cams and remap and 200 brake with 200 pounds is far from shabby!

I think it's just a physcological thing due to the slug of torque depleting abruptly at 4K. Remember how it was when standard? Nothing till 4K! Well it's reversed now!

I must admit, eversince I've fitted the AMD throttle and remap, mine pulls very hard to the redline, way better than standard and I've got the standard cams still.

Best get that blower on if you're still power hungry!

Guest Olly_K

kev whats interesting about it ? do you think 200/200 is good ? i was there when nickantera's one hit 210, and he had everything i did except different air filters. But like vince said, every engine is different, mines just done 109k now, so maybe a rebuild ? Not too interested in the figures, moreso the way it drives, and it drives gooooooood !

Interesting in that 200 is lower than some of the others but as you've mentioned, that's the way the cookie crumbles with some engines.

I got some power back after a head rebuild and new chains etc, not to mention a MUCH smoother running motor. Haven't got any figures yet but it 'feels' up there around 210.

Not too fussed by the numbers either, just so long as it delivers the goods to the tarmac, which it does.

The only problem I've had since picking my car up on Wednesday was the vacuum hose coming off the actuator on the Schrick yesterday. I've secured it with a clip now.

Couldn't be happier with the performance. It pulls hard from 2500rpm now, rather than from 4000rpm as before. BIG hit on the fuel economy though. Down from an average 28mpg to 23mpg.

There is further to go with conventional tuning. The throttle body remains the most restrictive part of the intake. I reckon changing it for an AmD big-bore one would liberate even more horses.

A group buy on superchargers would be a great idea though, once everyone's wallets have recovered from the Schrick-bashing!

[ Edited Fri May 28 2004, 11:42PM ]

Couldn't be happier with the performance. It pulls hard from 2500rpm now' date=' rather than from 4000rpm as before. BIG hit on the fuel economy though. Down from an average 28mpg to 23mpg.

[/quote']

I found the same, I reckon its because the car is in the peak torque range more often it makes it more tempting to put the foot down.

If driven normally the schrek is supposed to improve fuel economy.

In the name of experimentation, I tried extracting the maximum possible economy from the car on my way home from work today (took quite a bit of restraint!). Went light on the throttle and used high gears, but I couldn't get btter than 25mpg whatever I did.

Not that I'm complaining. Have had a permanent grin on my face since Wednesday!! :)

[ Edited Sat May 29 2004, 12:02AM ]