V6 4Motion Long post!!!

What are your opinions? Been thinking about looking at some of these, something a bit more modern and not so many miles. Any ideas why they only made them for a few years then got rid? All the four wheels drive stuff puts me off, like a nice simple 2WD! But the fact it has more horses under the bonnet and still the lovely V6 is tempting! Any other cars with the VR6 lump for power that i should consider? Dont want nothing that looks sporty I like the fact that people get a big surprise (6) from an understated car (bah) . My dick is too big to drive a Scoobie! :o but I am too young for a Saab! :-p

Get a 4motion and charge it ; )

I agree. With the 4 wheel drive and better-flowing cylinder head, the 4Motion is a perfect candidate for supercharging.

As standard, they are supposed to be quicker off the line than a VR6, but not as quick once on the move. The extra weight is the problem.

So not worth the hassle then! If I was gonna get a 4Motion and Charge it I might as well go R32 anyway for the money!

I guess a 4Motion just aint a VR6! I guess the best thing to do would be a Highline with a f***ed engine, and a 4Motion with a f***ed body and make a frankenstein!!! Bit like dogs I guess, pure breds have weaknesses, but a mongrels live longer and are generrally cheaper and better!

SEe thats what i was thinking. Saw a V6 4Motion Bora on fleabay, Cat C, went for £1200. 30k on the clock, but who does that kind of mod and it must cost a fortune! Would not want to go 4WD, so there would be quite a bit of work involved and then cos most of the bits would be either custom built(exhausts etc.) or at least non standard, the running cost would be astronomical! Are those Rados 2WD or 4WD? 5 or 6 speed box? WOuld there be a performance gain with a 2WD 24V over a standard VR6 and a V6 4Motion?

If you are looking for somthing a bit different and not bothered about sporty looks to give a surprise at the lights what about a passat. *-) Ha Ha Ha I can here you all say, but the 4 litre W8 engine has 275 BHP as standard and a 0 - 60 time of 6.5 sec surely this could be tuned a little more and you've got a beast on your hands.

This is what I am thinking when I need a family car with plenty of BHP and space. (not for a long time yet tho)

Gotta keep the price down!! Under 10k. All I want is a VW Golf that beats Scoobies! Thought about a charger but for the price and that of a new engine (mine is on 150k)bout 5k when all is done. I just think there must be other options.