Following on from my post about stalling my car went in to VW today to have a standard air box fitted. The box they ordered for me going on the information that the engine is from a from a 2.9 VR6 Corrado, would not secure on to the air flow meter. They don?t seem to have a clue which air box I need, so can anyone help me out ? It seems to me that the box depends on which kind of air meter you have fitted, or do I need one from a Mk3 VR6 with mine being a Mk3 Cabriolet ? Also further to the stalling as Kev suggested I had the exhaust and o2 probe checked, and they were both fine.

jules ~:(

VW already had my engine no. so I gave them the MAF no. this morning and they rang me back later to say the one they ordered is correct after all ! They said they couldn't fit the air box yesterday because it would not link securely on to the MAF ? Does anyone know how it links together, is there a clip or something or does it just push together. My MAF is the earlier version, around 1993 I think. If its so simple I will do the job myself, I just need to get the ECU reset then and the fault codes erased. I also have the fault codes from VAG-COM if anyone out there is an expert ?

Help me out guys as VW are F****** useless !!!! ~:(

OBD1 MAFs simply slide into the top portion of the box, there's a big rubber O ring inside the airbox hole. Well, there should be, perhaps that's where they're going wrong? It's a tight fit, needs twisting as you push the MAF home and it's secured with two self tappers.

I'm not sure what VW are up to but it's a 5 minute job!

What are you VAG-COM codes mate?

K

Cheers Kev I'll have a look for the O ring in the morning and get the VAG-COM fault codes and post them for you. I wish I knew what VW were up to, the problem now is I have no faith in them finding this stalling problem !!!!!!!!

jules

NEVER take a VR6 equipped VW to a dealer unless you know the mechanics have intimate knowledge of this engine. It's not a complicated engine at all but for some reason the dealers are intimidated by it. Whenever I take the Corrado in, they chuckle to themselves. Well they can laugh it up but I have the last laugh because I know the engine better than they do, and armed with the likes of Stealth Racing and my own aptitude, they can stick their prices up their backsides.