Think I have messed up with VW Motorsport VSR!

The Shrick VSR, is available in OBD 1 and OBD2 as they have different adaptor plates to the throttle body.

If its a genuine VW Motorsport VSR then these are only available in OBD1 as far as I know. I thought all Rado's where OBD1 (not sure though)

Simon.

Cheers mightyvr6

I see you have 248 cams. Was thinking about getting the same along with the VSR. How do you get on with them? Did you have them fitted before the charger. Any idling probs or is that just on the 268's?

Any opinion would be great.

Matt :-)

I had them fitted after I had the charger on. The idle is not bad (never been brilliant on a 2.9 anyway!) but not quite as good as with standard cams but worth it for the extra midrange grunt. They have longer duration than stock cams so are good for peak power too. Bear in mind, schrick 248s are meant for for Forced Induction cars so not sure if they would benefit an n/a car. 268s are supposed to be great in combination with a vsr or schrick vgi as they take over forn the vsr/vgi when it switches at 4000 rpm. Again, the idle particularly when the engine is hot won't be as good as stock.

Right nice one sold! After 2 years I'm fed up of going slower with Koni's on on my local roads than when I had std knackered suspension!

Thanks again

Matt :-)

P.S Sorry for all the questions but while I'm at it (and as you appear to have my dream spec) how do the 17 inch wheels affect ride/handling. I would say acceleration as well, but I guess you dont really need to worry about that! :-))