Finally got my car on VAG-COM at VW to try and find my stalling problem. The fault displays , has anyone come across this fault reading on VAG-COM before ????? I have been advised to get rid of the induction kit and go back to the standard box. Failing that it could well be back to the MAF as I have cleaned the thottle body, ISV and checked for vacuum leaks as advised. Can anyone suggest where I can pick up a MAF that would be cheaper than VW.

I aslo spoke to a geezer called Ben (I think) at Inters on the Saturday at the club stand with a similar problem - hope this might help him and if he catches this thread, have you got any where with this f*****g stalling lark ?

jules &|

Hello jules mate, like we were chatting about cleaning out the pipes and that box filled with foam with petrol.. seems to have sorted the problem for me, at least for the moment ( fingers crossed! ) Let us know the out come mate i know how anoyning it is . Good luck, Ben

If its obd1, go to the measurement blocks section in vag-com and go up until you get to the fuel trim data. Post up what values it has for the idle, part throttle and full throttle adaptation. Dont forget the exact fault code message also...!

Jules

Its an OB1 and word for word the printout on my sales document said

"checked for stalling, checked all connection to sensors and checked engine electrics with 5051, reset all fault codes (5 in total) rosd tested, only one fault still in the memory (o2 sensoe exceeding limit)"

I'm glad to see you got yours sorted Ben, I wish mine had been cured so simply !!!! I forgot to clean that little box, I think its the silencer, was it easy to do ? Standard air box is going in next week anyway so I'll take it from there I suppose once its been on VAG-COM again.

jules :(

You might have an air leak upstream of the 02 sensor. Have a listen to the engine around the back and see if you can hear any exhaust blowing noises.

You can check the O2 sensor with a high impedance multimeter. On the rear engine mount there is two connectors. The longer of the two is the 02 plug. Prod the meter's red lead into the white wire and rest the meter's black lead on the engine somewhere for ground. You need to do this when the engine is hot as the 02 sensor doesn't work until the pre-heater has done it's job, that usually takes 2 minutes. Don't burn your arms on the exhaust downpipe B)

What you're looking for is a rapidly fluctuating voltage. The meter won't be able to keep up with the changes but ignore that, just look for an average high and low values of 0.1 to 0.8V. If the reading sits solid at 0.45V. The 02 probe is dead. £70 thank you very much, plus fitting.

K

[ Edited Wed May 19 2004, 08:25PM ]

Do you think VW will carry out the test Kev has suggested if I print out the details, as they are fitting the standard air box for me next week? I haven't really used VW too much and know some places don't like to be given advice !! Plus I have very little faith on garages in gereral anyway !

jules