Ok I have heard different things. I have a 97 Jetta GLX VR6 and i think i may have traction control but the problem is that it doesnt work. i ahve been told that my car does have it and i makes the sound like it does in the snow but i just want to make sure that it does before i take it to places to see what is wrong with it. Thanks.

all vr6 have a very basic form of traction control not like u know it now ! basical it only brakes the wheels unlike the modern systems that back the throtle off as well . it does only work up to 25 mph and if u have ur foot in u will not not notice it working as one will will spin well in excess of 25 mph almost straight away . hope this answers ure question

I've got a Racelogic traction control/launch control system - meant to be amazing but I wouldnt know as I havent had it working properly yet!

Do you think it's an installation problem or is the thing just too difficult to set up? I've read the manual and it looks like you need a degree in electronics AND computer science.

TG

If anybody wants there VR to run int the snow , or any car for that matter, they will have to put really thin tyres on their car. It's a pressure thing, and living just outside Newcastle in the hills, nobody can tell me anything. With thr weight of the engine over the front wheels you need thin tyres to concentrate the downward (gravity) force of the car into a small a space as possible to cut through snow, wide low profiles just act as a ski and float on top of anything on the road. 165's great,anything widerthan 195's and you might as well stop at home! As I have done a few times.