[poll] Which super unleaded do u think is better for the VR6 engine?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried Ultimate, only normal Unleaded, Optimax and Sainsbury's Super (I reckon you should have had all of the "super" versions in your poll).

Unleaded gave me the worst economy but performance wasnt affected by too much, optimax is definitely better than unleaded with better economy too but Sainsbury's Super seems to perform the best. Pulling cleaner in the lower revs with the same economy as OPtimax and its cheaper too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

havent shell changed thier fuel now? i know they have changed the name to v power but im pretty sure i read sumwhere that they have changed additives in it and it is now a higher ron!?!?!?! probably totally off the mark tho!

i used to use ultimate alot but have converted back to vpower, just because the name suits the vr6 (only jokin)

seriously tho i find vpower to have that extra grunt and now prices have dropped again round here (midlands) im getting it for 90p compared to normal unleaded at 85.9p, i also have flat spots when using normal unleaded and vpower seems to cure them with no problem

H3

• 4 weeks later...

Never use anything other than Tesco 99Ron now :-)

I get around 30-50 more miles per tank and it goes a lot better whilst doing it :-)

Mark.

Couldnt agree more mark, i get more miles than normal 95 ron & the car runs soooo much nicer (h) Maybe you getting your best 1/4 mile time was down to you running tesco 99 ron ;)

I only pay 89p per ltr to ;)