While trying to find the source of a small coolant leak I was trying to remove a hose from the aux water pump flange. The plastic bottom half of the water pump has come away from the metal top half! The two parts do not fit together now they have become separated (made a crack noise when it came apart), can anyone advise if this is sealed in the factory or can it be resealed by me? I think the leak was coming from the aux water pump as there was water collecting under it but further inspection after removing the pump has eliminated any of the coolant hoses as the source. How much for a genuine vw pump, would anyone recommend GSW or Eurocarparts instead? Is there any way I can join the two parts of my broken pump together again or have i knackered it completely and just buy a new one? Does anyone know the pump part no. as mine has a very faded and unreadable part no on it? Anyone have a diagram of the cooling system showing the aux pump and hoses? thanks for any advice. :)

does the pump still work? Is there still a leak? If the plastic is just so that it mounts in a tidy fashion behind the engine, I wouldnt worry to much. If its the actual pump you have split in half then dont even think about resealing as you are only going to cause an engine meltdown and a huge bill sooner or later!