mod VR6 or R32?

Hi all. Just signed up. I've had a black 97 highline for 2 years. Changed wheels and suspension and de-badged grill. Apart from that it standard. The bodywork has gained some dinks over the years and it's starting to use more oil and water. I need some advice/ideas on wether to re-build my lump with some mods or exchange for a tuned lump? Are supercarger's a good idea or is there more to be gained from a flowed head and a chip? Or should I go and get an R32 for reliability reasons?

I would appreciate any ideas and prices.

Cheers.

Personally, if i was in your position i would get the R32! as soon as the coffers allow i will be getting one! love my VR6 and probably wont sell it as its such a nice car, but the R32 is the next step up the "top of the range" VW ladder for me! reliability and as you say once things start to go wrong they get expensive! not that an R32 wont be expensive to run!! if things go wrong...

TSR do them completely built but expensive! better off geting your engine sorted by a competent mechanic and going the charged route. Around 2.5-3k for a supercharger fitted and running 270-280ish bhp...

Although 240 std from an R32 engine would be lovely! the noise is fantastic too! :-)

if your engine is fine go the supercharged route,it is quicker than a r32

and i think your fuel consumption is better also.

even my freind swopped is r32 for a mk5 gti he said the r32 was very bad on fuel i,m not knocking the r32 it is a fantastic car i was going to get one

15,000 pounds, get a s/c i think now for 3,ooo 3,500 fitted :)