another arch issue

i'm having my rear arches rolled this week, i didn't speak to the guy who is going to do it (he has 20 years experiance)but the company he does freelance for is a big company. i spoke to one of the guys who works there (ex vr driver) and he was saying that the inner leaf of arch will be cut and the outer leaf will be rolled, then all sealed up.

the wheels are 17x7" at et 35, it seems a little extreme to be cutting to accomodate average sized wheels.

also i'm not sure (or big p)about having anything cut off,

will they be able to roll without cutting?

i though you just rolled the metal on the existing inner part of the arch? just the lip bit? i have heard if its done incorectly and the 2 halves (inner and outer) skins can seperate and it wrecks the car!! maybe the cut stops this happening? which if rebonded i guess would stop them seperating? not sure???? you shouldnt even need your arches rolled for 7 j rims standard width rims are 7 j anyway! my 8`s only just touch sometimes and its low, the rolling radius of a 205 50 15 and a 205 40 17 are virtually identical bar a few mm mate

doh 1000 aplle ogies! standard rims are 6 1/2 j ooops , do you really need the arches done for the 7 j ones though? as i said my 8 j ones only very slightly touch on hard corners! the thing i said about the rear 1/4 is that the two halves so to speak are spot welded around tje arch lip, as jay says if you cut this it can take the strength out and cause it to distort, i think most garages roll and fold back the inner part, i have heard this can cause water traps and rust though!! eeek!! best to ask ask six appeal, he has had major arch work on the rears of his, i am sure he will tell you what the score is mate