right the engine was desgined by vw /audi group ok

to go in both ?

if so what audi models

i also think that some audi s came with a differant inlet manifold similar to group buy one ,so if this is ture there must be some old audi cars sitting in scrap yards whith manifolds still on them!

wonder what audi model cars they are ?

am i just dreaming or shoud i start looking at scrapy ?

Yep, the V280 has a VR6 in it. I think the Galaxy, Sharan and Vito get a detuned (mild cams) version of the 2.8. Low hp, around 155 I think, but high torque for load lugging.

The VR6 was originally a VW design, Audi wanted to a share of it, they then approached Pierburg to design a variable length manifold and then they all went their separate ways. Audi went with a true V6 (two cylinder heads) as all their cars at the time had longitudanally mounted drivetrains, so had room.

VW stuck with the inline V but the accountants dumped the Pierburg manifold. One reason was because the VR was designed purely to squeeze a 6 cyl engine into a FWD chassis with transverse drivetrain mounting. Therefore it was not ?meant? to be a performance engine, it?s just that ?we? found it was better at what VW never intended it to be any good at, if that makes sense!

VW Motorsort then took off where Pierburg stopped and designed the VSR. The VSR was designed to be a true bolt-on and even used a switched output from the standard ECU, or so I?m led to believe.

And the present day, we have the VGI, variable geometry inlet manifold. Sort of VSR come Pierburg but further enhanced with matched and tuned length runners.

It is the best of all the designs, offering the most grunt per £. But it is the least convenient of the 3 with extra hoses and electronics required, but it?s no real headache for what it gives you in return.