Guys,

My VR6 pulls to the left quite noticably - took it in to Wayside and Vidis - who say its just the road camber - ie if i was to drive on the wrong side of the road it would pull to the right.

ive tried this out but i still reckon it pulls more to the left on left camber than than it does right on right camber.

ie if i drive on a completely flat road it pulls to the left.

ive had new tyres - no difference.

any ideas about cause or rectification?

Thanks.

R.

Has the car always pulled to one side or is it a recent thing....does it wear out tyres on the shoulders...has the car been lowered or have you clipped a kerb... I once bent my wish bone only very slightly but it was enough to throw the car out...If the tracking checks out ok......pulling to one side can be a tell tale sign of crash damage!

Has the car always pulled to one side or is it a recent thing....does it wear out tyres on the shoulders...has the car been lowered or have you clipped a kerb... I once bent my wish bone only very slightly but it was enough to throw the car out...If the tracking checks out ok......pulling to one side can be a tell tale sign of crash damage!

yea i was afraid of that tyres wear evenly. - its always done it - i guess assuming traking camber wishbones etc are ok - it must be slightly bent chasis prob due to previous crash damage. im guessing it can be re jigged ?

yea i was afraid of that tyres wear evenly. - its always done it - i guess assuming traking camber wishbones etc are ok - it must be slightly bent chasis prob due to previous crash damage. im guessing it can be re jigged ?

pretty pissed off -ive had the car a long time but reported the prob to wayside VW shortly after i bought it - they checked it and said it drives fine (bollox) they changed allfour tyre free of charge - didnt make that much difference. so i took it to vindis - who also said its ok. so i just put up with it. guess ill have to take it to AMD for a wheel alignment - with very tightly crossed fingers!! and hope its just a wishbone!!!

i guess i could fein an accident and claim on the insurance!!! - now im getting desparate!. x) ~:(

• 2 weeks later...

cool ill prob take it to amd - four wheel alignment - c wot they say. ALSO! ive just replaced the front discs and pads (EBC Turbo grove dimpled and groved + green stuff pads) we knoticed when we took off the old pads that the nearside were completetly worn down and the off side only about half, now im asuming either the previouse owner replaced one side - unlikely - or the nearside has been binding slighly? any ideas? - could this explain the pulling?

Pads are bought in pairs so unless the previous owner was a spastic(no offence to disabled people) both sides should have been replaced.... the piston can seize causing the disc and pad to wear down...its possible it could cause the car to pull to the binging side...how does the car feel since the works been done?