fcking cnut

Someone been threatening me over the last year, as we had a business we jointly ran, that wasnt working out so went separate ways, usual threats thought nothing of it, this morning woke up and found a empty litre bottle of brake fluid on the roof and entire contents emptied out, ~:(

a) washed it off straight away but what potential damage as it caused?

B) should I inform police, or wouid this aggrevate matters?

a) depends how quickly you got to it. Brake fluid can take off paint pretty rapidly. You might get away with just having to T-cut the affected area.

B) I would inform the Police. If only to cover yourself if he comes back and does something else. You may be able to get a restraining order placed on him.

I was on the receiving end of this a few years ago, happened overnight and rain washed it down the sides of my car. I wasn't lucky and required a respray to the effected areas which was practically the whole car. Gutted for you mate, is a shitty thing to experience.

What goes around must come around

Usually, during preparation before painting, the car gets washed down in cellulose thinners to remove all traces of oil and silicone left on the body work. It MAY be worth giving the panel a wash down with the same then applying 2-3 coats GOOD Carnuba wax, then you can rest a bit easier for next time as it won't have as much effect.... :););):P

True, but in the event that someone was unlucky to have their car totally trashed then it would be cheaper to have the insurance pay for a respray and you pay the excess and increase in premium than to pay for the damage out of your own pocket. In this case it's not worth it for the small area damaged.

Sorry to hear what happened mate. I would take photos and inform the police definitely. It's criminal damage. Glad your car was ok. The intent to damage it was certainly there. I hope it wasn't your brake fluid they used! If you know who did it let the police know.

evidence is the toughest part of getting someone knicked and prosecuted, have you asked the neighbours if they saw anything? these situations can get a bit silly, not so long ago another member had their whole car wrecked in simmilar attack, keep your friends close and your enemies closer mate! your lucky really, where i live people put your back window in and throw a coke bottle full of lit petrol in and run!! charming!