Tesco 99 unleaded

We have 100 octane now in Sydney. It has ethanol in it. Ethanol on its own has a far lower calorific value than petrol and petrol additives so expect to see worse mpg. Also does nothing unless you chip the car for 99 octane. Out of the box its tuned to 95. I use 95 now, not 98 optimax.

Today I paid $1.12/litre for 95 octane. So that will be 45p then!

I've used it once. Didn't realise it was under 89p a litre though! Optimax is just under 95p (although it was 99.9 a couple of weeks ago! I went to the Tesco garage in Crawley west sussex (just after I bought my car actually) and filled up on the 99ron stuff. My car did run smoother but no different to using Optimax. I would continue using it if it was closer but will continue to stick with Optimax at the mo. It's higher ron rating at 98 than BP and all the others. Optmax certainly makes the car feel far far smoother than the standard 95ron... plus many tuners who have done rebuilds on cars run on different ron petrol have consistently said those that had been run on 98 Optimax were in much better condition than the cars run on 95. As said above though using 99ron won't make a lot of difference as the car is tuned to work either on 95 to 98ron, but it should be as smooth as 98 ron.

Dundeedub... stunning signature mate. What site did you find the "animated" pic of the solo girl on the right? She's stunning... right back to thoughts about cars.