C2 supercharger question...

Hi

I read somewhere on here that the stage 1 C2 supercharger (which is a Vortech 1 charger) offered by Ultimate-Tune.com includes higher flow injectors and new ECU. However I can't see this on the website for the stage 1. The stage 2 C2 supercharger kit includes the higher flow injectors and new Eprom ECU. Is the stage 1 just the charger or does it include anything else?

The stage 2 also includes a metal head gasket - although does anyone know if the prices quoted for both stages are fully fitted - or just the parts? Stage 1 is

go through c2 directly while this is going on...let us know how you get on. Its a fairly comprehensive kit, but consider there isnt any support for c2 kits in the UK now.......

its a serious blow for both parties concerned, i would have to (and i cringe when i say this) recommend NS racing's VF kit's....

or a z-kit.

there are hundreds of charger threads on this forum, please check them out.

Thanks guys for your responses. Can anyone answer the question about pistons - if a thicker head gasket is fitted can new uprated pistons and conrods easily be added when this is done or does it require much much more work?

Also, a very big question: what does the Golf VR6 actually feel like with 280bhp? Who has had it done and can tell? Does the whole car vibrate or is it really smooth... and does the car feel powerful at 2500 revs, or do you have to take it over the usual 3.5k revs to really feel the power? I have a Milltek free flowing exhaust and milltek high flow cat... are both of these up to the job of handling an increase in power like that?

you dont feel the power until 3000rpm really, a charger enhances the natural power/torque curve of the car, so you still get that stupidly fun surge of torque near 4000rpm....

for uprated conrods and pistons don budget less than 1500, at least a grand for a good set of rods and pistons, maybe more and the rest for labour as quite a few parts need to be taken off, at the same time i'd have ur chains done and a new clutch put in, change ur diff pins to bolts if ur not going for a gemini or quaiffe box

Eeek, not good regarding Ultimatetune!

Two things immediately apparent after charging are a smoother and more consistent idle - due to it being raised to 800rpm to overcome charger parasitic loads, and a better - or so I've found - bottom end, probably due to the charger creating turbulence in the inlet off boost. It's still spinning obviously and in vacuum, but it does smooth out the pick up.

Due to my shorter final drive, it really starts to pull hard from 3000 rpm onwards and when you get to 4000rpm, it accelerates very hard and smoothly. I'd say general driving is smoother with a charger, there is no harshness at all. If there is any undue harshness and hesitance, it'll be due to the mapping.

So it's a complete ecu and fully remappable?

Also is my Milltek exhaust big enough at 2.25"? I'd really be looking at high torque and good acceleration as opposed to high bhp and top end power. If my exhaust is slightly too small is it possible just to replace the downpipe with a 2.5" bore... my question is whether it would mate up with / be compatible with the high flow cat and also the Milltek backbox (which are both designed for the 2.25" system).

ive got a dastek piggy back chip on mine, which means that i retain my original ecu.

i believe kev has a odb2 conversion which probably has a custom giac chip on it.

the ecu is the black box the eeprom is the silicon chip, i dont understand what u mean m8...

get a shrick if u want good low end torque and get a gear box with different ratio's for acelleration, tho ull be limited to 60mph...j/k,.

i believe kev has a odb2 conversion which probably has a custom giac chip on it.

My chip is the standard one that comes with OBD2 VFEngineering kits. Raj just did a straight swap for my old 28pin OBD1 jobbie.

I will be getting a custom chip done in January by Vince when he gets his software along with water injection. Might also stick my Walbro back in and a 5 bar fuel pressure regulator.