Top Gear - Audi RS4

Did anyone see top gear last night? The feature on the audi rs4 racing the rock climbers was awesome.

Clarkson said he thought that the V8 in the RS4 might be the engine ever made... and the M3 has nothing on it. I have a feeling this might be true as this thing looked rapid!

Also the old RS4's should drop in price a tad now !amazed

Saw it too, soooooooperb! I think what makes this car is the lightness of the engine, the ally wings and the chassis in general. The new M3 (V8) will have a lot to live up to on its release.

I thought the whole feature was brilliant and that rock climber was something else, how fast?! I sh*t myself just watching him.

I have to say, I fell in love with that car from the word go. Finally, an uncompromising answer to BMW M3 syndrome. Just wish I could afford one !sad

I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one

Think that says it all :P

I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one

Think that says it all :P

sums it up for me too :D

mk1 would probably do best, lightest, stripped it would have the best power to weight ratio, infact you could stick one more vr6 in the back, make 4 wheel drive lol....would like to see the rs4 take a bi-vr6 mk1 ;). Throw a few turbo's in there for fun.

But that rs4 is so classy, god i love audi's.

While i was doing my MSc at Cranfield Uni, i never saw those remote control car guys, so i dont know where they produced them from lol....considering its one of the smallest unis in england.

i would love to see a mk1 2x2wd vr kick an rs6 tbh! i think the comparisons are a mile wide when given the performance of the audi in every situation apart from a standing start drag. a car that has been built from factory to deliver verses a car that has been built to sprint. just look at the old dubsport mk3 twin vr turbo verses the r32 bi-turbo at inters. heavy true 4wd turbo car(single engine) verses the lighter mk3 twin engined vr turbo! nowt in it!! on a track the stig would beat a home brew in a factory car imo. in that comparison anyway!

As much as we'd all love to see the Stig put a seriously modded VR through it's paces on the track, we're forgetting one thing... The Mk3 Golf chassis even with an aftermarket suspension setup just isn't the greatest to throw around a track and wouldn't do the power it's full justice. A modest performance car with a prupose built chassis and suspension setup would likely take the VR on the twists and bends.

As much as we'd all love to see the Stig put a seriously modded VR through it's paces on the track' date=' we're forgetting one thing... The Mk3 Golf chassis even with an aftermarket suspension setup just isn't the greatest to throw around a track and wouldn't do the power it's full justice. A modest performance car with a prupose built chassis and suspension setup would likely take the VR on the twists and bends.

[/quote']

I dunno - do some serious weight reduction, fit a full roll cage & lightweight coilovers and a supercharged/turbo VR could be a contender on the track. We've all seen the Carpi VR6T, yes?

I liked the RS4. Very nice. I never liked the the previous RS versions as they were always estates (called "Avant") ..never understood why they did this and never (or hardly ever) made saloons... But this new saloon version looks very nice. Far more exclusive than an M3 which you see every day.

I agree but then you're removing most of the creature comforts to compete. It's not fair competition I know as the higher priced sporters are essentially that 'built to a price'. I know mine would handle and perform miles better if I were to remove items such as the AC unit, electric window motors, ICE,, rear seats etc... I think the real challenge is to build a car that retains all the comforts and still delivers the goods. Let's not forget that the CR6 engine is a heavy lump and it sits right up front which does nothing for the handling.

Now the new RS4, lighter engine, alluminium wings... The engineers put allot of thought into this car's design as opposed to previous years which saw big engine and reduced handling at speed, which the new M5 suffers from.

it was great, but i did notice that he kept sayin that it alot better than "the old m3". he said it about 5 times. which makes me think that the new 1 will prob be better. i think that they should twin turbocharge it (which is what they will do withe the rs6). then nothin on the road will ever keep up with it. it would be in lambo and ferrari league. !amazed