CAN VR6 WORKS WITHOUT LAMBDA SENSOR AND CAT?

My mk3 vr6 CAT remove improve torque and i try to remove the lambda sensor but the engine run like crazy,is it anyway for the ecu to work find without signal from the lambda sensor(ignore the lambda signal)because the purpose for lmabda sensor is to protect the CAT anyway my vr6 without CAT so i don't need the lambda sensor futhermore my country here without MOT test,hope somebody out there can assist me.Thank You.

Hi kevhaywire !I refer to the workshop manual it say if the mixture is rich the lambda sensor will send 0.3volt to the ecu if the mixture is lean it will send 1.0volt to the ecu so 0.45volt is it o.k. anyway the max c.o. is 1.5 control by the ecu.So which wire to send the fix supply to the ecu?

Put a resistor on the lamba probe so that it's running stoich (0.45v) permanently. Disconnect the preheat wire aswell. Think it's the second wire in from the left on the plug. The ECU ignores the lambda on wide open throttle anyway.

Hi kevhaywire!What value resistor i should use which wire i should send the signal in(wire color)please comfirm if wrong wire maybe will screw up the ecu.Thank You.

• 1 year later...

!amazedTHREAD REVIVAL!!!!!!! !amazed

Anyone got more info on this?

If this is the lambda plug, would a resistor go accross the pins ?! %-6 ?

208.jpg

209.jpg

What else would i have to do in order to get the ecu to ignore the lambda?

Someone help pleeeeeeeese!!! !shy :)

I'm not sure a resistor will work now I think about it. You can however use an offboard controller such as the Dastek Unichip, tell it you've not got a lambda and then you can manually configure you're own fuelling tables. Not sure what sort of results you'll get though. If you just unplug the lambda, the ECU will moan but it will load a rich map. I've seen quite a few VRs running OK with a dead probe but it'll cause low mpgs and a lack of power. It's just in the midrange though, at WOT the lambda is ignored. I'd personally leave it there as I've no real complaints about the VR's midrange and it ensures the engine is running at stoich constantly, which is how you want it.

I've not heard of cat bypasses wrecking NA midrange, but I suppose it could be down to the design and make of bypass. My supersprint one is superb, no loss of torque at all.