rear style

This is a quick thread about the rear end of the mk3.

I've recently bought a mk4 rear aero wiper to find it doesnt fit (taste and see :)). After looking around a bit there are only a few options to my knowledge that are available for our rear window *style*.

1. stock

2. de 'wiper' - no idea what this involves but i can asume it involves a body shop and filler.

3. punto mk2 rear wiper - after doing a bit of a search for these i've disovered that they look quite good on our cars.

4... ? - thats all lol.

the problem with the mk3 is that the wiper spindle sits below the window line so you need a donor car that has the same configuration....

anyone got any decent alternatives for the rear window? (baring stickers :)).

just to add, fiat marea weekend rear wiper fits too.

im not sure if the wash facility works with these though... :/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this too (i don't fancy removing the rear wiper completely)

Might sound stoopid but why doesn't the mk4 aero fit?

Is it something to do with the angle of the arm? Doesn't fit onto the motor splines? Or all the above?

I'm keeping an eye out for an alternative to the punto wiper but like you say most cars now have the wiper arm connected to the motor directly through the window.

nah dubloke, i'm saying the mk4 wiper doesnt fit lol, and in both my posts ive said why (same as you :)).

less beer for u m8 heh.

looks better without a wiper imo

i understand its lookings better, but surely if its covered in crap (which in the winter it does) it doesnt look 'cleaner' lol, are you renegaded to cleaning it by hand?

no parking sensors, just the rear view camera, it stops chavs racing up my arse when i have people in the car who dont like 'speed', since you can yourself on it when tailing me (if i have it on lol).

ive been looking for a punto mk2 to look at, but i cant see any parked anywhere near my house, i guess i'll have to go to a dealer.

I clean the car every week

!amazed how do you find time to do anything else?

lol, anyways, back on topic, i phoned up the fiat breakers in southwark to find they have plenty of wipers and will let me try before i buy, if they fit good, i'll buy a few and sell them on, they only cost a 10 bucks so its not a big'un. The only thing i need to check is that they have holes for the washer jet, becuase if not, then there isn't any point.

just went to the swg website (LOLOL) becuase i heard they did wipers, only for the mk2, but they got this

113.jpg

(they are selling the vw cover lol, urgh) so i *think* thats the punto wiper.

i saw a few puntos today and they have the jets on the roof, spraying down.