FK Highsport Coilover Kit... will this give a hard or soft ride?

Hi

Are FK Highsport Coilover Kits good quality and do they give a very harsh hard ride or very comfortable ride... Ideally I want the comfort to be virtually the same as standard but obviously have my car with a much lower stance and much much less body roll when going round corners. FK also do Konigsport which are very good and fully adjustable but these are a bit too expensive so am interested in finding out more about the FK Highsport coilovers.

Does anyone have highsport ones and in what way are they adjustable - is it just the ride height and if so how easy is it to adjust the height?

Is it true FK Highsport coilovers have Koni shocks?

Also, would new coilovers take longer to fit by a garage than new springs and shocks?

Thanks for any info.

Matt

To answer your questions...

They are pretty comfortable, obviously not like standard shocks but not too harsh... They handle pretty well but if anything they are a bit soft for my liking. Having had both I'd say go for konigsports everytime, they are worth the extra.

Ride height adjustable only and it's easy enough to adjust

No Highsports dont have koni shocks... konigsports do

Coilovers wont take any longer than fitting shocks n springs.

I've just ordered a set of Konigsports to replace my ageing Koni shocks/Eibach spring set up.

I have driven VR's with both Highsports and Konigsports, and found the Highsports to be a bit bouncy, where the Konigsports give much better body control, presumably due to the better quality Koni damping.

For an additional

Thanks for your help guys. Looks like Konigsport are the better ones to go for and I assume they will last quite a few years..will the FK (Highsport or Konigsport) coilovers last much longer than standard shocks and springs? So are Highsport much better than standard suspension or just a little bit...whereas the Konigsport are far better? In what way are they much better than Highsport ones?

I've had a look at the Venom Motorsport site and they offer the FK Konigsport coilovers for

I'd doubt they'd last much longer than standard - most standard shocks and springs will last 100,000 miles easy, whereas the Koni shocks on mine are about 60,000 miles old and utterly knackered - but they have a much harder life due to the reduced travel on a lowered car etc.

Depends what you mean by 'better' really. The Highsports are not damping adjustable, only height adjustable, so the damping gets stiffer as you lower the car, whereas the Konigsports are fully adjustable, so you can adjust the damping to your preference.

If the car is lowered say 40mm on the fk Highsport fixed damper coilovers would the ride be roughly the same as standard or extremely hard? There was a mention above that the Highsport are much 'bouncier' than the Konigsport which I guess means the cornering will be far less stable. I'm considering fk Konigsport as the ones to go for as once the choice has been made that's it... and for just

I want to eliminate body roll and wallowing round corners as much as possible but I also want a nice comfortable ride.. ideally the same comfort or similar to the standard suspension.

I don't think that's really feasible! Anything which helps eliminate body roll etc is going to reduce the ride quality!

Yeah you're right... I do assume it will be harder and definitely stiffer in some respect (but there is "harder" and then there's very hard...my last car had lowered suspension by just an inch but was bl**dy awful) but I want it to be stiffer and much more controllable round corners without being too bouncy yet to still be relatively comfortable without loosing any teeth. Anything that comes close to the suspension of a civic type r would be nice! (a bit too hopeful!)

So if 30mm H&R lowering springs and Koni shocks (I assume these will not be adjustable damping) are better than Highsport coilovers... how do they compare to FK Konigsport coilovers?

• 5 years later...