Has any one used powerflow on here?

my brother has on his 1.6 mitsi and thats come out silly loud with just a backbox. they quoted me 130 for backbox or 240 for cat-back? what differnce will the cat back do, will sound be deeper?

I have a Powerflow system. One thing you have to bear in mind is that the quality of the workmanship can vary greatly from place to place. It is therefore adviseable to try and find out from people who have used your local Powerflow dealers how they feel about their experience.

With that out of the way, I can honestly say I am happy with mine. I have a cat back system. It came out exactly as I wanted - a lovely low, burbling idle that changes to a nice, refined roar when I am exercising my right foot.

The difference in sound and effect on performance will depend on the choices you make. There really isn't a simple answer to that. Your best bet is to go along to your local outlet and have a chat about your requirements. If you're unsure about what they say, post it up here and I am sure someone will be able to advise further.

I've had a Powerflow in the past, never again, I was able to snap it over my knee without much force after less than a year.

Personally, I'd avoid custom made exhausts altogether, there's plenty of exhausts that have been professionally designed and engineered to fit your car, I'd tend to trust that more than a mechanic with a pipe bender and a welder.

i have a powerflow on mine,i think it`s ok,nice deep tone low down and at idle.it does get louder around 2000rpm !amazed but not enough to do my tits in,when i`m cruising on the motorway and around town it`s perfectly silent, 8) i told them to make sure it wasn`t "boy racer" loud!! however to highlight what craig and slim have said about workmanship,they(drivers in glasgow)fitted the middle silencer too close to the rear axle,i only found this out when the car was MOT`d x) ,when i phoned them up to kick up hell ~:( they were actualy ok about it and rectified it.if u do decide to go powerflow get the `2.5"" twin round angled incurl` tail pipe as it looks cool as fek ;)

soz `bout the long reply folks!!

I've had a powerflow on mine for nearly 2 years now. Not had any trouble with it at all. apart from the tail pipe going a bit discoloured, they replaced it no hassle. the guy who did mine (in Leek) owned a VR previously, and his craftmanship was second to none. I didnt want mine loud, and thats how it came out!

Pete

• 1 year later...

I must admit I have had Powerflow before but my local guy was pants so went with longlife this time. The lifetime G and no service visit clinched it for me. Also the - have what you want as it's made to order was a bonus. :D

£350 all in for a 3 box system with a single tail pipe which was also tuned to work with my charger. I got mine done in battersea should you want a reference for a site who did mine well. :)

Like the guys say nice and quiet until the right foot gets exercised then all hell breaks loose :)

As the guys all say it's down to the installation team on Powerflow. But Longlife are worth a look and a call.

Hope it helps