a garage near me has a corrado vr6 storm with all the head off. the story goes that the owner drove thru alot of water and it managed to get into the engine and the engine hydrauliced!!

this storm looks real sorry for itself but it could look awesome, all it needs is a good wash and polish, and i know the storms are quite rare. chap said he cant find a 2.9 engine any where so im quite tempted to offer him some money and try to get the engine up and running.

apparently one of the pistons is shot although it does run. it was making just over 200bhp before it broke!!

i dont know any of the details of the car i.e mileage etc but what do you chaps think its worth? and is it worth the hassle?

If you can get it cheap enough, it's worth getting the engine stripped and rebuilt, or a full replacement engine fitted by one of these tuning companies.

I'd have thought you could also use a 2.8 block if needed and get it bored out to the right amount. (Or even use the 2.8)

if it is mulberry it is NOT a storm

they only came in blue with black leather or green with tan leather . . . .

will have "storm" under the corrado badge on the rear AND "storm" instead of "Karmann" on the rear edge of the centre console by the gear lever . . . .

if it is mulberry it is NOT a storm

they only came in blue with black leather or green with tan leather . . . .

will have "storm" under the corrado badge on the rear AND "storm" instead of "Karmann" on the rear edge of the centre console by the gear lever . . . .

all the storm badges are where they should be i remember looking. i better go back and double check the colour tho, think i may be going colour blind :@

Ok a few things to check, if it's a genuine mystic blue storm it should have the following:

Paint code on the label on the inside rear panel in the boot should be LC5L (mystic blue code), this can also be found on a yellow label on the inside of the osf wing but this is hard to see as the air box is in the way.

The car should have BBS solitude wheels with either bbs or vw centre caps

Storm badging on both the rear of the car and on the gear level surround.

Black heated leather seats

You wont find any reference to the car being a storm on the log book, it will only be listed as a Corrado VR6. If you want to be totally sure then phone vw with the vin number and they will be able to verify if it's a genuine storm.

yeah definately, i couldnt put a 2.8 engine in it. it would be rude to!!

apparently it blow a hole in 1 of the pistons when it hydrauliced so hopefully all it needs is a piston, to run right.

also noticed today that its got rust on the bottom of the passengers door. nooooooooo!