I Am A Pleb, - Need a Gearbox - Quick.

I Managed to get another gearbox for my car, fitted it and put the thing back on the road, about a week ago. - and then blew a hole in the diff a week later!

so im looking for "another" gearbox, I dont see how I have managed to blow holes in 2 gearboxes in less than a fortnight, of driving. i know my driveshafts are cracking a little bit and engine mount's need attention, but i really dont think that should effect my diff, but something must be.

I am willing to spend up to 500, i got a whole VR6 for 400 for the last box, got spare engine and heaps of other bit's too, am hoping not to spend that much though, and there is another catch I need it by, friday, saturday at the latest. I want to go to knockhill on sunday, I intended on taking the VR on the track.

but it isnt looking hopefull! Grr...sodding gearboxes.

Well I took my gearbox out tonight, took me a hour and a half, which I though was not that bad,

I have a box on the way up over night freight, and should be here tomorrow hopefully, and i will hopefully get it fitted tomorrow night.

But Thats 2 VR6 Gearboxe's I have put a hole in recently, both have put holes from the diff area in to the bellhousing and out the back 2 seperate holes,

does anyone know if this is a common fault or what causes it ? Finding gearboxes isnt a easy task, and i dont want to kill another one.

might be the most stupid thing in the world to say but... The only time i've ever knackered a diff was when my old '65 Cooper spat a handful of 5/8 bearings out of the diff casing. They has been cought between cogs with nowhere to go except be forced out like bullets through the casing. Any bearings floating about?

i have done exactly the same thing to 2 gear boxes aswell but i did them in 2 months lol as u say they are hard to get hold of. on mine the diff gears smashed through the bell housing and nackered the flywheel and the clutch. u said you have a whole car u are breaking? wot would u want for the engine? stuart